Ever see the JCB "Fastrak" tractors? They can go like 40MPH in road transport mode Anyone ever think this could be a real money maker if it was done to a TLB? Might be able to get rid of the trailer and just road the machine to lots of local jobsites. If i could have a backhoe that could go 40MPH, that would be a real nice feature.
Im not sure id want to go 40mph in a backhoe. I dont like the bouncing feeling now at whatever the top speed is.
I think what you don't understand is that JCB makes a farm tractor that handles great at 40 MPH. If a large farm tractor with a huge plow on the back can do 40MPH in safety & comfort, then why can't they make a TLB do the same thing? :beatsme
Ok well if they did make a backhoe that could go 40 down the road, then to me it would seem like it would have to be a little bigger to be more stable right? Then you would lose the maneuverability of a normal size hoe for residential work.
There is one. I just don't think it's available to the public yet. Check out this thread: World's Fastest Backhoe
It's not really all that much faster than a current backhoe at 28MPH. I think it would take improvements in steering & handling.
I thought the Fastrac had a top sped of 50MPH or more?
us military yes LDK some fastracs will do 50 mph + but not all ,check this thread for a picture of a fastrac based hi-speed backhoe the the us military has ordered cheers graham
you could always buy the military backhoe that jcb makes. i think it is designed for high speed. edit: i just looked it up. it goes 60 mph. you could take it on the freeway. http://nvsc.wordpress.com/2008/02/1...’s-fastest-backhoe-loader”-to-assist-us-army/
That machine is called the HMEE. It has a hydro-pneumatic suspension. It's NEARLY impossible to roll at road speeds. Rides very nice! I watched a demo in Savannah. Operator made a full lock turn at about 40 mph. Much like a modern car, the computers take over and keep you out of harms way. That's saying that none were rolled during testing. Speed is LIMITED to 55mph. There is talk within JCB to make a consumer version. Costing is an issue. Military version is near $300k. How much would you pay for a similar setup? Check it out: http://www.jcb.com/hmee/
I don't need/want to go 55. I want to go ~40 and not have the machine slow down to 10 MPH on every hill. The slowing down is more of a factor of only having 90-100Hp and 18-20,000 lbs of weight, I guess. That JCB machine is very impressive. At 300K each, I bet JCB clears ~$100K/machine.