Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Today’s job…

DIYDAVE · 2019-04-02 20:19

Yesterday I hooked up the "new" Kubota, to an old slice aerator/seeder, I made, years ago. Dang thing is so heavy, with 3 55 lb suitcase weights, on the front, if you took 2 off, the front end would rise up, till the seeder, on the back hit the ground. Well I knew I have scads of Kubota weights, over at the other barn, last being a set of 5 that I bought local, at a good price. Took the truck over, for a look, and found a 5 hole weight bracket, next to 'em. Musta forgot the guy I bought 'em from threw them in with the deal. Anyway, took the 2 weights I needed, and the bracket over to the first barn, figgerin on the off chance that maybe this bracket would possibly fit the tractor I was workin on. Other than boltin it on upside down, first, it did, exactly! Was just enough weight to do the job, so I figger I'm ahead...

Replies6
  1. #1Ronsii2019-04-02 20:29

    So now you ought to be able to turn using the steering wheel eh' It's always a nice feeling when you put something to use that was just sitting around!!

  2. #2DIYDAVE2019-04-02 22:04

    With this lil Kubota (2100 hydro) steering with the wheel is always desirable, as the hydro forward pedal blocks access to the individual brakes! To steer it before the additional weight was added, required me to bend down, and actuate the L or R pedal, with my hand! Kinda reminded me of drivin an old WC Allis-Chalmers, with hand brakes. you could either brake or steer! OH the decisions!

  3. #3JD955SC2019-04-04 04:15

    I’ve never understood some of the Kubota pedal layouts. On the ones I have run the travel pedal isn’t blocking the brakes but is on the same side making it hard to use the steering brakes.

  4. #4DIYDAVE2019-04-04 19:52
  5. #5Ronsii2019-04-04 20:26

    Yep, drill a simple dimple and you'll be set for the life of the tractor just don't go too deep!!! I did that once on a pivot with a short grub screw in it....

  6. #6DIYDAVE2019-04-08 06:56

    Got her done, on Sunday. Got the gear lined up, whacked it with a transfer punch, through the screw hole, slid gear out, hadda ryobi drill, with a unibit on it, so just used that first size, drilled till I saw it go from a dent, to a little shoulder starting to form. I guess about a eighth of an inch deep. Re-assembled, and done in about 15 minutes...