Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Total Newbie got a ’79 or 80 580c Where to start to freshen it up? Fluids etc…

Digginit580c ยท 2013-12-04 22:39

I'm getting this to do some habitat work and odd jobs. Earn some extra money etc. It's being delivered in 7 days. My parents got a great deal on it and are passing the deal onto me, but we don't know when fluids were done last. It starts and drives. Bucket works (has nothing on the rear now) Brakes need work. I'm thinking to just drain and replace everything so I know it's all fresh. Good plan?? Without spending $100+ on a manual right away, are there cheaper resources to show where to drain and fill things? I work on my own dirtbike and ATV but this...ahhh?? I change my own oil & diff lube in my V6 Tacoma, bolted on new suspension for it too, but I'm no mechainc. Thanks in advance guys! I'm just really pumped to get this beast!

Replies0

No replies yet.