Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

towing capicity

retired ยท 2021-06-05 21:35

towing capicity for a 2000 chev single axel dump truck 7500

Replies2
  1. #1skyking12021-06-06 00:07

    It is a combination of several things. The first one is hitch rating, you have to have enough pintle hitch to handle the tongue weight and trailer GVW. A quick search found this thread . HeavyEquipmentForums a quick search,the C7500 is 35,000 pounds . Those that had them answered 20k~30K. 10% hitch weight would be 2000~3000 on the pintle. I tow a 20 ton tilt deck with a 120 on it, with an L9000 Ford. Because of the 2 axle 34,000 max rule, I have about 6000 on my pintle and I know it. I think 3000 on a single axle would be the same feeling. It pushes in the downhill corners, makes you reach for the hand lever in certain situations.

  2. #2Willie B2021-06-06 08:06

    My Topkick (GMC) is rated 28000 GVWR. It has 3208 Cat (10.4 litres). Transmission is Allison 4 speed. Trailer (triaxle) is rated 22500. I would NOT want more weight. I've looked for tow rating, without success. My pintle hitch is rated 30,000, with tongue weight of 10,000. 3/4" hitch plate backed up with 1/4" wall 4x12 rectangular tube. Truck brakes are air, trailer brakes are electric.