Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Track adjuster seals procedure

Steve.ahlgren85 · 2021-09-10 06:43

I have a D6c 10k series that I replaced the seals in the track adjuster, put it at all back together, connected the master link. Pumped grease in but will not push out and tighten. Noticed grease coming out of the adjuster! Don’t know what I did wrong.Any help is appreciated!

Replies6
  1. #1DoyleX2021-09-10 07:09

    Hows your ziegler rebuild engine running???? Buy a service manual please... Well the seals and probably cup are shot. Drop track in the front, slide idler yoke out. That'll give you enough room to do the seals and cup.

  2. #2Steve.ahlgren852021-09-10 08:36

    D6c is running great! Thanks for asking. I got the seals from Ziegler cat, replaced them according to the manual, noticed that the kit only had one of the inside seals on the ram , I’ll call it , there are two of them needed, so I just replaced one of them, leaking grease, not extending out!

  3. #3John C.2021-09-10 10:20

    Did you put the cut in with the lips facing the right direction? How about the condition of the piston and barrel?

  4. #4Bluox2021-09-10 10:25

    Is the leak where the flange bolts together? Did you replace the o-ring on the flange . Bob

  5. #5Steve.ahlgren852021-09-10 11:01

    Yes, think I got it right.Angled ring facing the cylinder.Piston is a little rough towards the very end where it flange bolts together. One thing I did not do though is to have the bolts completely tightened up because I had a hard time getting flange bolts into the holes so two bolts crisscrossed were the only ones that were tight.

  6. #6Steve.ahlgren852021-09-10 11:02

    Yes, leaking grease is flange bolts connected