Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

track adjustment

wamg ยท 2009-09-19 04:07

Gooday. I have bought a John Deere excavator, I was told it is a 1986 18 ton, there is nothing on the machine to verify that. I need to know how to adjust the tracks. Also it has a 348RC motor, is the oil filler the pipe near the front of the pump. Regards, Wamg.

Replies2
  1. #1redline8082009-09-20 17:08

    I don't know about that machine, but for the machines I have adjusted tracks on, it should be some where behind the front idler. more then likely just before center there should be a square window, the grease nipple would be located in there. sometimes it is located on top just under the track before center and covered by a metal cap held in by usually two bolts.

  2. #2Deeretime2009-09-20 19:03

    yea its a johndeere 690A and they are ajusted by using a grease gun lift the track up and measure from the center roller on the bottom to the top of the link u should be around 4-6 inces the new machines are much more but thats what the old girls should be run at