Does anyone have some tips or advice on getting the track axle bolts off?? They’re loose and track is leaning in. Thought it was bent axles until we realize how loose the inside ones were and that’s what caused the track lean. Already broke one Heated around the bolt not the bolt itself. Didn’t even budge. Last thing I want to do is keep breaking them thanks
I feel your pain. You need to get the frame surrounding the fasteners hot and expanded, allow to cool, then heat it up again to remove the fasteners. That top trunion plate is going to give you fits for access and if you cannot get the frame hot enough to break the bond to the fastener threads allowing them to be removed, I'd blow the heads off the bolts, remove the plate and warm around the individual fastener stubs, and remove them with a stud remover and hand ratchet.
1693TA nailed it!! We use to blow the heads off remove the plate them warm around them and use stud remover with ratchet. Sometimes it would work to heat the heads of the bolts up red hot and let them cool, as in go have lunch and come back an hour later. It that didn't work blow heads off.
ive heard it works well to do this and try to melt wax into the threads if possible while hot. Although I’ve never tried it... I’m too impatient
Got the surrounding metal red hot and hun took them off Broken one though put up a fight. Needed to die grind it out and retap original threads. Painful!!