I was digging out stumps and when I moved the machine the front end sank down in one of the filled in stump hole as I was turning, off come the track, We worked three hours and still did not have it on, all we need was just a little more slack. could not get it over the center of the idler. Yes we had the adjuster open and the grease was out. So had another fellow friend witch is also a welder and excavator come over the help. another hours and no further ahead. I said take the track apart. What we found was how light the frame is built. On the inside on the bottom from the bottom roller out it was bent 1.5". So a coupl. of hours later it was straighten and plated. but there is another problem. The idler slid right out and the spring stayed in tack. The end of the of the shaft that keep the spring compressed had stripped off and is missing. This I think is one reason we could not get enough slack to install, it was even tight when we had the track apart. and was putting it back together, We it is together for now, I do not think this is a permit fix, So I plan on finishing the job and then when in the shop make a permit repair witch I think is a new shaft and nut, If the cost is high I think there may be other options. Such as re threading if not broke off, if it is broke adding a new piece and threading, Will not know till apart in the shop. Still the angles that the idler runs on is not that heavy. Anyone else have any experience with this.
I got myself in what sounds like a similar situation. I have recently got a Samsung 210 and was digging today in some wet clay and rolled one of my tracks off I was wondering if anyone out there could give me some pointers on how to put the track back on? Thanks in advance
push back the idler back, put the chain on the sprocket first and then use the bucket of the machine to slip on the chain
Good day if I understand your thread the shaft which holds the recoil spring in compression has broken, if this is correct replacing the broken stud and compressing the recoil spring is pretty be frought with risks. We would send these to track shop to do the work.