Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Track pattern options/opinions…

nhillin ยท 2014-02-01 23:44

Well its that time for my TL150, I only see two patterns that even come close to fitting my needs. Im in East TX dirt, can anyone tell me a significant difference between the staggered block and the c-lug? I don't want too rough of a track but then again I don't want to lose traction.. Are the staggered block tracks real rough on these rigid undercarriage machines? Don't wanna beat my teeth out. Thanks_Nolan..

Replies8
  1. #1cartzblown94z2014-02-02 01:37

    Check out prowler tracks. I'm running the AT tracks on my 130 and love them. Great price and work great in snow n dirt as well as min damage to grass.

  2. #2JNB2014-02-02 10:00

    Subscribed to this thread. I'm interested in others experiences as well.

  3. #3nhillin2014-02-02 21:38

    I think I'm gonna need something more aggressive than the AT tread and I'm leaning towards the staggered block/RD from prowler. Just hoping they aren't too rough on hard pack, I'm very rarely on concrete and asphalt.

  4. #4lumberjack2014-02-02 22:07

    I've been pleased with the stock tracks on mixed surfaces, ~$5k for the set. They call it "Straight Bar Pattern."

  5. #5Gorman2014-03-30 10:09

    I'm bumping this because I'm going to be in the market to replace the tracks on my asv sr70 within a year or so. I was wondering what you guys would recommend for minimal damage to turf yet have some tread. I'll post some pics of what mine look like, they're stock but I kinda want an idea of how much time I have left on them.

  6. #6KSSS2014-03-30 11:54

    I don't think you have a lot of options for tread patterns on the ASV except for that grass track they have.

  7. #7Gorman2014-03-30 12:07

    I'm gonna get stuck if I get those. There's no aftermarket ones for asv/terex?

  8. #8nhillin2014-03-30 12:54

    Aftermarket options are out there, there's just not many to choose from like the solid u/c machines. I went went prowlers tracks but I'm running a tak machine.