Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Track tosser offerers

joe901 ยท 2008-06-23 04:11

I was warned by the local CAT salesman being careful turning the machine while traversing steep slopes as this may cause a track to toss itself off ! Have any of you operators lost a track in operation ?? At the time I was demo'ing a 287B, but he reckons its not uncommon for all tracked skid steers to lose their jandals. :beatsme

Replies9
  1. #1bonanno232008-06-23 19:15

    I have lost a track on one of my 287bs before. it was an incredibly steep hill slope though. the machine was 3 days old at the time and the tracks weren't lose at all. I wouldn't be too worried though. its pretty rare.

  2. #2CM19952008-06-23 20:09

    Speaking from the Bobcat type tracks, we have never slung a track on a CTL and we have put them in some steep situations. I have owned a T190 and currently own a T250. Been running CTL's for 4-5 year. Now a mini-hoe is a different story...........

  3. #374inchShovel2008-06-23 22:05

    A mini-hoe is a different story. 3 times this year. :Banghead

  4. #4Digdeep2008-06-23 23:18

    We used to sell against the CAT 277 with the track throwing because it was the machine that was prone to it but the new CAT machines don't really throw tracks. I have had to put many Bobcat tracks back on in the field though when I was a salesman. PITA!

  5. #5Earthy2008-06-28 19:16

    I have never thrown a track with the VTS tracks.(knock on wood) Been in some situations where I probably should have though. About 800 hrs on them.

  6. #6CM19952008-06-28 19:29

    Welcome to the Forums Earthy!:drinkup

  7. #7Earthy2008-06-28 20:07

    thanks!!!!!!!

  8. #8Bob Horrell2008-06-29 00:38

    Ditto with my VTS tracks. Had a job once where I had to make a dogleg coming down a steep hill with a full bucket (80" construction bucket - approx. 1.25 yds heaped). This manuever famous for throwing tracks. I must have made close to 100 trips with no problems.

  9. #9redline2008-06-29 13:21

    we had a small FIAT farm dozer that could not keep its tracks on, forever throwing them off, we sold it for that reason alone