Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tracks

dbf577 ยท 2009-02-27 19:04

I have been working in a little mud lately and my tracks are building up mud how of do i need to clean them out? Thanks

Replies13
  1. #1ben46a2009-02-27 19:12

    well before it dries completely will be the easiest, as long as your chains arent always riding in it and your rollers are all turning you should be fine.

  2. #2liebherr11602009-02-27 19:19

    Im quite certain that either Cat or John Deere dealerships have for sale a "track shovel " .... the ones i have seen look like ..one half of a post hole digger but a little longer with a handle ...

  3. #3swampdog2009-02-27 19:32

    It sounds as if you are describing a trenching shovel, which is available at most hardware stores. That's what I carry on my excavator.

  4. #4liebherr11602009-02-27 19:39

    YEAH ..thats it ...either or ...our's came from the dealer ..one stop shopping

  5. #5td25c2009-02-27 20:01

    I usualy just clean out around the top roller's during the work day.If the temp is below freezing I clean the whole undercarrige at the end of the day.I hate working in mud with a dozer but sometimes you have to.

  6. #6liebherr11602009-02-28 00:20

    sure as hell beats blowing the seals out of the final drives in the morning ..

  7. #7Clayton M2009-02-28 14:33

    If you have a water truck anywhere around get him to spray them out with his hose.

  8. #8Dirtman20072009-02-28 14:50

    That's what mine look like all the time, I just wait till i'm done with the job and just shovel it out. It's easier when its wet, but you get all nasty so I let it dry if I have time.

  9. #9DPete2009-02-28 15:10

    Pic worth 1000 words, the longer you wait the harder it is to shovel because the mud compacts as it is jiggled. I get the carrier rollers at lunch and the whole frame either at quitting or the next AM while the machine warms up.

  10. #10catd8t2009-02-28 15:36

    oh man i used to you falt shovels to do it and one day one of the guys gave me one of those man on man nothing better

  11. #11Northart2009-02-28 16:12

    Track Shovel Here's what I carried on the grader to clean mud,rock,dirt off the moldboard and elsewhere.

  12. #12DPete2009-02-28 17:29

    Sure is nice to get done with a muddy job and back in some real dirt where you don't have to shovel every day. The only thing worse than mud is getting tangled up in barbed wire

  13. #13dbf5772009-02-28 18:04

    Thanks for the help I try to shovel mine everyday. Just wondering what everyone did.