Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

trailer ramp springs… do I have to mod my trailer for them to work?

dadanddaughterexcavation ยท 2022-05-16 16:46

I got some torsion springs for my trailer ramps finally!! I can't seem to find anyone with my set up... I will include pics. any info on how to install or any modifications I need to do to make them work would be appreciated

Replies6
  1. #1heymccall2022-05-16 18:45

    From my Interstate trailer book.

  2. #2heymccall2022-05-16 18:48

    The whole book

  3. #3hosspuller2022-05-16 19:05

    General question ... Does the coil tighten or loosen when the ramp drops ?

  4. #4Labparamour2022-05-16 19:17

    On my C&B, coil tightens as ramp drops. Not sure if pics help

  5. #5heymccall2022-05-16 20:26

    The coils tighten as the ramp opens (drops). Those springs are there to aid in lifting the ramp from full down. If you open the book I linked, you can see an additional set of optional springs to aid in opening (getting them off the deck).

  6. #6dadanddaughterexcavation2022-05-17 10:08

    Tha