Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Transmission help with 1985 f800

rockinj2000 · 2024-11-02 20:49

I am looking for advice on a transmission for my 1985 ford f800 digger Derrick truck, it has a 3208 cat motor and a spicer 5852A 5 speed transmission the transmission had come catastrophic damage to it and I’m looking for advice on if I should try to hunt down a direct replacement or if there is another transmission I could go with that will use a pto to run my hydraulic pump thank you for any advise you can give

Replies10
  1. #1Truck Shop2024-11-03 08:28

    Direct replacement.

  2. #2rockinj20002024-11-03 16:55

    Do you have any suggestions where to look it seems heavy equipment scrap yards in my area are a thing of the past I am in northwest Arkansas

  3. #3Truck Shop2024-11-03 17:14

    Long shot--very large salvage yard-a long way from you. Hagerman-{541} 922-6455. Ask for Dwayne.

  4. #4Truck Shop2024-11-03 17:45

    Located in Spencer Iowa. * Spicer CM5852A Transmission for Sale Spicer CM5852A Transmission for sale. Enjoy our hassle-free online checkout or call to speak to an expert. www.vanderhaags.com

  5. #5cuttin edge2024-11-03 18:07

    Imagine if some of the guys on here could solve crimes on the side.

  6. #6Truck Shop2024-11-03 21:11

    Looking for parts can be tiresome, the older the piece the less likely of a good outcome. Many yards have been picked clean, because the idea of running older equipment in the last ten years has become the norm because of cost of new & emissions. Plus the major rebuilders like Weller/Jasper have bought up major inventories of salvage yards. The one I deal with is constantly shipping out nation wide, allot of their older stuff is really getting picked over. Between Adleman's, Vander Haggs & Hagerman all three work off each other. Hagerman though has a step up over the other two, they get first dibs on any Freightliner surplus. It's the main yard for new/oem assembly line damaged or discontinued items by Freightliner. They get van loads of new doors, cabs, hoods, steps--just about anything you can imagine, plus they buy up any new/old stock from dealers or independent shops going out of business.

  7. #7BC Placer gold2024-11-04 00:09

    I will have a look at my ‘parts truck’ when I get home. It is a Ford F7000… I will post a picture of the tranny tag when I get home this week. If the correct tranny you could have it for shipping cost…I will never need it!

  8. #8rockinj20002024-11-08 15:16

    Not the best pictures but my transmission tag and the carnage that happened

  9. #9MG842024-11-09 15:15

    While maybe not a direct bolt in, there are numerous medium duty 5-6 speed transmissions out there that could work. Eaton 5 and 6 speeds were real popular in those trucks and some had Clarke's as well. Down side is if you go with a different transmission you will probably have to get a different PTO to match it. Try to find one out of a dump truck, bucket truck or the like that comes with a PTO already. Hunting down a specific used PTO to fit a specific used transmission is somewhat difficult in my experience. You also want to find one with the same bellhousing pattern, what does a 3208 use? SAE #2?

  10. #10Shimmy12024-11-09 20:55

    Not to mention driveshaft work.