Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Travel/motion alarm hitachi zx130-3/jd 120d

William Long · 2020-10-14 05:12

Hi folks, have to fit a travel alarm to my excavator and am finding it hard to get my head around , I have looked and there is no sign of a harness for it not fitted from factory. I have found travel pressure sensor but the voltage is to small run a relay . All I’m getting is 5 v on one, earth full time on another , middle wire obviously sends signal for monitor in cab but it’s only giving 1/2v max. Am I missing something . Any help would be much appreciated

Replies5
  1. #1LACHAU2020-10-14 09:13

    Good day, You can refer to attached electrical schematic diagram. Good luck.

  2. #2William Long2020-10-14 12:29

    Thanks for the diagram, problem I have is, there is no loom or wiring for the alarm, think I’ll do it by tapping into pilot pipes .

  3. #3Tones2020-10-14 15:15

    A simple way of doing it would be to fit 2 switches on a travel lever bolted to the floor. Above or below, which ever is easier.

  4. #4William Long2020-10-14 16:03

    Good point , 2 micro switches would do

  5. #5361brock2020-10-28 08:19

    Springy backup alarm switchs works good, used them on peddle linkage under floor