So a distributor near me gave me a heck of a price on the trelleborg C lug pattern for my kubota svl90. $1950 for both shipped to me...free shipping, said the price is good till I become a customer. Both the company and distributor have been very helpful in emails and quick response. This is the pattern I want, and so far this is a hard to beat price. From my reading on their site, etc seems very good quality. View attachment Trelleborg-Tracks.pdf But I want real world info from users of this brand or if you know a user of this brand, give me any and all feedback, good or bad, thank you! Hoping to purchase in a few weeks. Thanks guys!
Trelleborg has been around a long time. Used to be the stock tire on Husqvarna dirt bikes back in the 70's and still make ice tires today for bikes. Although I have never used their tracks I can only imagine that they have a very solid product and at that price you basically can't afford to not give then a try....
That's good to know. Yeah that's what I'm thinking too but just wanted to try to get some info from end users. Seems difficult to get much info on matter what track. Just a few reviews here/there.
I think it's a hell of a good price from a long standing company. I would go for it. You really can't afford not too. I bet you dollars to donuts they are a high quality track. They sure look by their literature...been in the business a long time too. Not some fly by night outfit by anyone's measure..
Yes all their literature seems very legit. I also am comparing track weight, carcass thickness, and tread depth from them and 2 other companies. I'm waiting for them to get the measurements. But have the weight.
Wow.. I cannot speak to the good or bad of their tracks, but as far as AG tires, they are right up at the top of build quality for many applications.. accordingly, I suspect that at least they are very good _ and they might be better than that.. :cool2 Please keep us in the loop, as my Bobcat T190 will 'need new shoes' in the next year, I suspect!!
Yes I def will post my findings on these measurements, and when I make the purchase I'll keep posting how they're turning out...hopefully will give good reviews to help others too.
I use them on my 299. I have 1000 hrs on the current set and just broke one. So far i love them. I wish the one wouldnt have broke but honestly we beat crap out of them. The rubber is much softer than my oem so they tear and cut much easier but that really only helped the traction even more. I do think that a cut exposed the cable a bit and contributed to the break, maybe a rock got in there. Overall the tread depth held up well but we are also almost strictly forestry enviroment with some rock and gravel applications. We push pretty hard with them and honestly when i first put them on it made me nervous for my finals because they got so much more traction than Oems. They are thick. Very thick. Noticably heavier and thicker than oem. One thing i had no idea about till i put them on was the inside of them. The oems are flat on the inside with a groove so when you turn and scoop material from the slide sideways it just kinda rolls it around and gets it into the rollers alot. The trelleborgs are built up pretty thick near the center with a constant slope out so they roll material to the outside pretty rapidly. I can get some pics later if you want. I dont know that they are the best choice for lawns or pavement but for forestry and dirt i love them. I paid alot more than you did but after the first set i went right back for more. Based on tread wear i would have gotten anothr 800 hours i think but the cable inside busted. Frankly i dont blame it. Hope this helps.
That's a great review and helps a lot, sounds like this is what I'll be getting. Im curious also if a lot more traction is detrimental to the finals. I'd sure hate to ruin those. Yes, if you can post pics would be great, id like to see them. Can't seem to find good real pics online. Thank you.
Finals are designed to handle the maximum output of the engine/drivetrain, track slip is not considered as a limiting feature. Now if the machine has trouble turning due to excessive track grip that will eventually cause premature wear because of the high cycle duty, but the same could be said of working on slopes and we don't hesitate to do that....
Who gave you that great price on the Trelleborg tracks ? Name and phone number pkease...I want to buy a set for my 259D. I don't need them yet the machine is brand new but I want to buy them and have on hand for when the time comes. It's a fantastic price...
Yes, PM sent. Lantraxco, so I shouldn't have an issue with a tread providing more traction over OEM? I guess just paying attention to how it turns?
Thank you very much. I appreciate it HRP..... Farmer
In my opinion, no. For whatever that's worth Think of putting OTT tracks on a rubber tired skid steer, now that is an extreme example of increasing traction. Does it accelerate wear and tear? Sure to a point, but that's the tradeoff for being able to do the work when running bare won't get it done. Still it's rare to hear of any catastrophic failures blamed on the use of tracks. When running straight it's almost impossible to reach the design limits of the drive system in normal use, the machine will likely tip over before stalling. If it struggles to make a turn when loaded down more so than you think is healthy then it may be something to keep in mind. Traction in a straight line may not affect sideways slip all that much if they've included turning considerations in the tread design. Another thing to keep in mind, in my experience with final drives, the absolute worst thing for them is when a wheel or track slips and then suddenly grabs again. The instantaneous shock load on the gears and bearings over time will lead to metal fatigue and failure. The dumpers I work with are almost exclusively a wide straight bar lug design, great traction and load carrying, not great for tight turns. Not sure why they're that way except that's the way it's been since they started.
In my head I knew it probably wouldnt make much difference on the finals but it was a quite noticeable difference on traction so I know it put quite a bit more torque on things. In general I dont worry about anything like that but it was a thought that entered my mind. The prevailing mindset that I run on is crank it to ten and lets go. Somehow my equipment holds up really well even with that mindset. When my track broke we where shearing and packing them out at high speed over over stumps and what not. Snapped one of the internal cables, i was still able to drive it out fine.
You're welcome, keep me updated what he's going to do for you. Thanks. I see, I appreciate that advice. I'm not sure who makes the finals in my machine but heard they're pretty stout and shouldn't worry about it. I'll keep that in mind about slipping, I'm the only operator so that'll help a ton. I have the graphics on, and about to post pics on a new thread.
Alm. Are you able to tell if those cables really are brass coated or whatever...theyre advertised to slow oxidation. First few hundred hours of my machine I was running all out. Now I know my capabilities at dif throttle settings I go easier on it and still just as productive....using a bit less fuel too. Been clearing land and running through 30 gal in 16 hours, used to do 30 in 10 hours.
There is actually a picture on our instagram right now where you can see the track before it broke and you can kinda see the slope on the inside im talking about. Advancedlandmanagement is the name on instagram.
Ill try to check, they are covered in mud right now as they got a ride back to home in a dumper full of sludge. We are going to send them in for warranty and see if they will give any back on the remaining 6 months of warranty.
Ok cool, just wondering if it was true or marketing bs lol. Thanks.
Probably marketing bs lol. Just be aware like i said that these do tear and cut easier than my oems did. My bench mark was 1000hrs that i wanted to see out of them and they did barely make it to that, but i was wondering with all the cuts. Im still running the one on the other side so we'll see how long that one makes it. Just wanted to clarify so i wasnt blamed later One more observation is that with a new one on one side and a 1000hr one on the other i dont see or feel much traction difference.
I only saw 2 pics of your machine on there, could kinda see the track. That's pretty amazing not telling traction difference between the 2. With the price I'm getting them at I wouldn't care if they made it to 800 hrs lol. I'm at 1100 with OEM, dont have much traction left. I'm guessing anyday now I'll lose them. Hoping to order in 2 weeks.
Yea those were the only two i was talking about. Just something for you to see till i get better ones for you.
Yeah I think I can see what you were talking about the slope from the inside center. My oem tracks are bad also about keeping mud and crap inside the track too.
1000 hrs is pretty good for a rubber track set and at that price point you can buy two sets and still be ahead of the game. I like the design and feel it would provide high traction in the nasty , muddy, wet condition we have been running in lately. I sink ankle deep in the sloop just standing. Incredibly wet and soft in the woods of the Northeast these days...basically the ground never froze solid for more than a few days. We would normally have 3 to 4 foot deep frost in the earth, now we just have a sponge with dirt mixed in. These tracks would probably work real well for us...
I got excited thinking there was another neat contracting page I could follow on instagram while I watch it rain outside and plan my attack for business this spring and then I realized I already follow you guys. Bummer lol
Ha. Sorry to disappoint ya. It's horrendously wet here as well. Trying to pick my battles as to which jobs to leave sitting and which to bite into and deal with the mud. I hate mud on my sites, which is a real challenge in the northwest lol.
How many hours do you have on that 90 HRP? Any trouble with it so far?
I have almost 1100 hours, zero issues so far on the machine. I keep it maintained well. Open it up every 200 hours and wash everything out of it. I'm the only operator. Only thing is the 4 rear loader arm pins, I'm hoping it's just the bushings are worn. I just ordered new bushings last week and replace them soon. But I really haven't had any issues at all.
Have you removed the dust cover at the bottom of the lift arms? Makes it easier to clean, and keep dirt from piling up in there.
View attachment 151832
Here are some comparisons between the 1000hr track and new one. You can see it is torn up but not worn severely. Another thing i thought of was that the trelleborgs that i have 1000hrs on were mostly used by employees and they were fresh learning to handle it employees. The oems that lasted 1500hrs where entirely run by me, the owner.
Here you can see the slope out on the inside of the track. It's not a ton but it definitely makes a difference.
Yeah II removed those covers after about 20 hours of the machines life. Thanks for those pics, those are great. Those look better than my oem at 1000 hours. They look amazing newreal nice sharp lines. I thought they would've chipped more but yours look better at 1000 hours than other aftermarket's I've seen. Curious to see what pafarmer things. Since he goes through lots of tracks too.
My tread at 1100 hours is down to the top of the lugs for the sprocket. Yours are still above those lugs looks like a little ways, too mad about the break, looks like you could've gone a ways more.
I think it's fantastic wear for the amount of hours on them and like the looks when brand new. I plan on ordering a few sets for my 259 D machines. Both 259 D are brand new units but its a great price on a top quality track IMHO... Striking while the iron is hot on a couple of sets on these to replace my OEM set ..Can't beat the price .....
Glad to hear you're getting a few sets. Hope he does a great deal for you on that. After further inspection of my tracks, I think I'll pick them up when they show up. I see 1 or 2 lugs that look like will break very soon. Deep cracks on both sides. They werent in today, I had to drive right by his place to get a 6" round stock of 4140 HTSR for a custom attachment I made. Now it's being machined to perfection. Anyway, I'm excited to pick them up soon. We just may have found a heck of a thing with these tracks. You'll use them faster than me. I don't spend 5 days a week in mine, we do lots of other work. The last whole year has been big metal buildings and arenas. And I have about 4 more buildings in line right now. So lately I use mine for shuffling materials around, or doing pad sites, and roads to the site.
HRP, Keep in mind that its not the rubber that really hold these togeather, my oems went a couple hundred hours with cracks, or breaks, all the way across. When the internals fail is when they break, granted the rubber helps protect the internals. Once the internals break even if the rubber is solid it will spread it apart fairly quickly, I have always been able to make it back to a convenient location, but still quickly. Just an FYI from my experience. Not arguing and definitely results vary and definitely a good idea to have new ones on hand.
Yes I appreciate the input. This is my first CTL, and first time getting tracks. I'm just going based on broken tracks I've seen online and how they look, and the rubber...plus me not using this 5 days a week...these tracks are 4 years old on this machine...the rubber isn't as plyable anymore, its more brittle, etc. And had deep cuts for a while so I'm not holding my breath on the internals holding much longer. Just my thoughts lol. I put a long point in a bunch of the cuts and it was right at the cables.
Well I'm picking up my set of Trelleborg tracks on Sat, for $1950. I'll take some pics when I do. Hoping to put them on Sunday or first of the week. I have a lot of time sensitive jobs coming up that I can't be down. So I'm going to replace before they break.
Did you get the tracks mounted?
No I haven't had the time to mount them, did a few more clearing jobs and now the machine is at a big building job moving materials around...in 2 weeks when it's back at our shop I'll mount them and change loader arm bushing and post pics of tracks. They look like they'll be really good for what we need.