Can somebody explain what exactly you are supposed to do with a machine like this?? http://en.shantuichina.com/newEbiz1...y&CategoryID=c373e91889f862818f6ee13c760f9f56 really freaky looking thing, i posted a pic of this type of dozers to a china tread, but i tought this was so interesting so i had to open a new discussion. They probably haven't sold to many of these, when they don't even have a real picture of it
I'm thinking it's only made to take down the grade a slight amount at a time. Very special market somewhere I guess.
i feel bad for the cylinders on top right behind the blade.....
They should be OK iys just leveling rice paddies.............
Trim Blade These tractors are used inside a Ship,Boat, thing on water, for pushing about the loads in the hold, not my cup of tea, but have fixed a couple. tctractors Ps. I get sea sick in a swimming pool, so I know my place is on Land.
yeah talk about leverage. mechanics wouldn't go hungry!
Trimming Dozers Yes,they are made to work in tight spaces on a ship......cleaning grain holds,etc. Mitsubishi & Komatsu made many small dozers with Trimming blades. I think the odd large Cat,etc also gets fitted out too. Jim
Looks like it would be dozer for someone who likes to back blad a lot.
They can keep it, they can.
ship dozer...notice the 4 big lifting points front and rear
I imagine a ships hold would have a steel floor, there would be a lot of slipping and sliding with steel tracks, could be fun for a few minutes until frustration took over.
Mitsubishi BD2F Trimming Dozer Mitsubishi BD2F Trimming Dozer,with rubber tracks.
Chinese version of a Cat D11 "carry-dozer."
Being a little cynical???????????????? Hi, Surfer Joe. Now you wouldn't by some chance be being a little cynical here, would you? LOL.
I would never accuse the Chinese (or the Japanese for that matter) of copying anything Caterpillar built................. Of course, the Chinese would never paint their equipment to look like a Komatsu either -- would they?
Maybe they have a own Chomatsu It's like the russian T-130, that was a D7 17a copy. but the copy was like putting your ass on the paper copy machine
If it is Chinese you chop it up, put the iron parts in a cupola, melt it down, hope that the chemistry isn't so screwed up you can't make counterweights out of it and start over. As for the steel in the machine, throw it in an electric arc furnace, melt it down and hope to God the chemistry isn't so screwed up you can make concrete reinforcing bar out of it.
Not a high opinion of Chinese products Hi, Greg. I gather you don't have a high opinion of Chinese products. Do you even eat Chinese food? LOL.
I can't dig deep enough to show my opinion of chinese junk. No, don't eat chinese much either. Real chinese food is worse than what we get here cause we get Americanizerd version available with things in it they don't have there. Spent a month there on a job a long time ago when they were just coming out. Lived on what looked like chicken mcnuggets, rice and warm Yak's milk the whole time. What a weight reduction plan. Didn't leave anything there so no reason to go back.
Chinese food is really good it's probabbly the only thing from China worth paying for and usually it is cheap! The only bad thing is, that usually the people working at chinese restaurants don't speek finnish and their english is really bad... I did forget, we have been putting Chinese tyres on our trucks!
Rusky Tractors The Russian Bulldozers are not all poor offerings, I am told by a Trucker mate that they have an awsome blade that is an absolute animal of a ripper tractor that tips the scales at well over a 100 metric tons, he sat in one of 4 working on a site in the North of Russia, it was obviously very cold as he did not stop his truck engine for 2 weeks, its a bit off topic I know, but if they have it and its good????. tctractors
I have seen a lot of Russian stuff that is not so great either. Their stuff is all pretty "klunky" for the most part. Been there to work too during the height of the cold war. But, they did build a h--- of a good tank during WW II.
No, don't eat chinese much either. Real chinese food is worse than what we get here cause we get Americanizerd version available with things in it they don't have there. I can believe it. Most Westernized versions of "ethnic" foods are very modified. That being said, every six months or so, I get a hankering for fried rice or dumplings or Beijing beef or whatever and the local China King Buffet fits the bill. Same with eating "Italian" at the Olive Garden........ Oh, for the dozer in question, the Chinese still have a knack for taking 20 year old models and building them new with questionable components. Noted the 4 harness points.....yeah, it's a special aps machine that is getting gantried in/out of places on a routine basis. You see some of the small Kom/Mitsu grey market rigs with those blades being advertised for sale as "leveling" or "grading" specialties. Help me here, what were the dozers being built in the late 40s/early 50s that employed a similar high blade-arm mount point? I remember seeing a few images in the past of dozers with cranked arms that zagged to attach at the top of the blade rather than the base and these were bigger machines too.
Strange dozers. Hi, JoeinTx. Do you mean this jigger? http://www.antiquetractors.com/content/yph6307.htm http://www.antiquetractors.com/content/yph6308.htm The Vickers dozers from the late 1940's-1950's. I haven't heard many rave reviews of them.
No, Deas, that's not exactly it. I've seen the Vickers before and an interesting looking machine they are. I haven't seen any pictures of the dozers I am talking about in years but I do remember they were awful old and rare.
strange dozers Are you refering to a "tool bar" bulldozer, I recall seeing some cat D4D brouchres with them Help me here, what were the dozers being built in the late 40s/early 50s that employed a similar high blade-arm mount point? I remember seeing a few images in the past of dozers with cranked arms that zagged to attach at the top of the blade rather than the base and these were bigger machines too.[/QUOTE]
A tool bar dozer? Will someone please fill me in on what that is? Welcome to the site Dug Overburden! Is that avatar from the Peterson Tractor files?
toolbar dozer. Hi, Stretch. A 'toolbar' dozer was an attachment consisting of two arms on swivels that attached to push trunnions halfway along the track frames. These arms could be turned either forward to carry a dozer or backward to carry a bar to which could be attached various implements for farming and orchard work. Here are some photos of a toolbar dozer attachment. They clearly show the centered location of the push/pull trunnions, the swivels and the pivotting ram attachment points, all allowing the side arms to be turned to the rear to fit the toolbar for cultivating work. This particular Cat D4, a 7U series wide gauge machine, also has the optional 5-roller track frame fitted. Hope this helps.
Deas saves the day again! Thanks!:drinkup
Tool Bar Bullldozer When I figure out how to insert a photo, I'll also post a picture of a toolbar bulldozer.
Deas saves the day again! Thanks! Not so fast. He still hasn't shared his insider info and pics regarding the ADN a few posts below. Now, that's what I'm talkin' about
Keep holding yer breath Hi, JoeinTx. I'm still waiting for the RIGHT answer to my last 'wottizzitt' photo. I have a few of them stashed away, including some more of the ADN 130, that I might still want to use for future 'Wottizzitt's'. So answer up, M8.
Get out the tools and start restoring there. Looks like it will make a great piece.