Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Triple grouser bolt to shoe rubber pads

heymccall ยท 2020-09-02 19:55

Today's project (actually 3 days) is installing my 8th set of 800mm bolt to shoe pads. For under $12k for the parts, 392 plasma'd holes, and a ton of tedious repetitive work, i just finished installing this set on my 2nd 325FLCR. I got 7 outta the eight sets from Rio Track in Temecula, CA. They (the rubber shoes) have saved countless $$$s in road repair, whilst install sewer and water line. They RSAB plasma gets a little finicky on my Lincoln 250 welder, so a few holes needed dressed, but other that, it's straight forward.

Replies7
  1. #1heymccall2020-09-02 19:59

    And what 6k hour Rio 800mm pads look like on 900mm grousers, courtesy of one of our 328DLCR machines. This machine probably only has seen only 30% on road use, the rest is dirt and rock running.

  2. #2Bls repair2020-09-02 20:44

    Nice job on the holes. Freehand or do have a guide ?

  3. #3heymccall2020-09-02 21:23

    Guide, of course. I'll post a picture tomorrow I have set of MWE 800mm clip on pads on a 320DLRR, and they've worn well, but, any time one gets torn off, (15 in 6k hours), MWE doesn't always have them in stock. My 2 314ELCRs have hybrid bolt to shoe pads (clip on end, studs through grouser on other), but, they chunk easier and are thinner overall when new. And, spell check changed "ESAB" to RSAB.

  4. #4Cmark2020-09-02 23:06

    They make extra work for the final drives. I recommend 250hr oil changes.

  5. #5heymccall2020-09-02 23:26

    I'm doing 2k oil changes on finals, using 15w40. Not seeing any issues.

  6. #6heymccall2020-09-03 10:59

    Template used.

  7. #7Bls repair2020-09-03 12:23

    Good idea