I am looking at a 1966 Trojan tractor 114 with a hydrostatic automatic transmission wi rare backhoe attachment on it... The machine seems to operate quite well except there is a warm spot on the flywheel.. you often have to rotate the flywheel to get the starter past the warm spot.. then it starts easily... My question is approximately how many hours to slide the auto trany away from the block to replace that flywheel.. can it be done in the frame, or does the entire engine and transmission need to come out of the frame to replace the flywheel.. Thank you so much for all of your opinions..
I pulled the motor in my 114 and left the transmission in place. Pulled the radiator, pulled the sheet metal and lifted the motor out not a big deal. Look over the pivot housing that holds the rear end in place when the motor is out because mine was cracked. Easy to repair when the motor is out
You obviously have zero knowledge about how the Trojan 114 goes together or comes apart.
You are correct. 0 exerience.. Did many 60 and 70 muscle cars... No Trojans... Not going to buy this At All if I can't locate a starter ring gear or flywheel with ring gear 1st. Where on this dirty greasy motor would I find the engine block mnfg # ?? Thank You.. Sincerely. Martin.
I highly doubt it's a hydrostatic transmission. It may be a powershift though.
If you know what the engine is this place might have a ring gear. Would help to know the tooth count. Pioneer Automotive Industries pioneerautoinc.com Then again if it's a common engine might be several places even say NAPA?
ItalianDude, I was referring to davidwalton857's post. What type and make of engine is in this Trojan? Is it gas or diesel? Clear photos are good.
Sounds like a gas International, like a 221 or 263, or maybe they made something in between? in any case, probably the same ring gear for decades across many engine models.
Correct. I can do a 67 camero in my sleep.. Only buying this because it comes with a rather Large back hoe that works... There are No other back hoes available around here for less than 5k for a baby one.. and Up...