Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trying to get some info on this model JD

CT18fireman ยท 2009-09-08 09:31

I could not find a model number or plate on it. Its a John Deere and has a 4cyl gas motor. From the New Milford Tractor sticker on it (I know it has to be 25+ years old) Any help?

Replies5
  1. #1bill onthehill2009-09-08 13:58

    Just an eyeball guess I would think 40 years old. Look like pre 310 series. Did you look good along the foot plates and under the battery box areas for a metal ID plate?

  2. #2Matthew caudill2009-09-08 20:07

    look at the rear by the hoe i have one similar to it is a 550 or a 500

  3. #3pittedmess2009-09-08 22:11

    Jd 1970 300B

  4. #4Steve Frazier2009-09-08 23:56

    The nose and grill are different than the 300B.

  5. #5pittedmess2009-09-09 17:33

    The B was only made in '73..my goof..The 300 from '65 up.. That grill may have been a JD option. The hood still has the same shape on the top front edge..Engine should have a serial number on the right side..may give you a range..If not you can go by casting numbers...