Has any one on H.E.ever spent much time on a Euclid/TEREX TTS14, and what where they like, also some photos would be good to see. Cheers Leroy
TS 14B GM 4-71 engines 6 speed trans. biggest problem was the front engine needed to be running about 250 RPM faster than the back because of hydraulic pump robbed the hp and made the rear engine push too much. The air shift control for the trans had to be kept in excelent shape especially if hauling long distances and going down steep hills. Not a preaty site when you get to the bottom and the rear trans didn,t shift up to the same gear that the front was in! Best one was one that we conferted to a 6V-71 in the front engine. Made a work horse out of it, with the right operator on it no extra repair if he respected the extra HP.
They are good machines IMO. They could use some more power as Maurice stated. We have put deere motors in some of ours. Makes a big difference the little extra torque and power.
The 6V-71 came out of a Sullair air compressor with a blown up screw. had to move the front mount but to my best knowage I believe the rear ones were OK.
one of our TS-14
Two words to describe a Ts 14 "Dirt Hawg".
Thanks Guys, But i Ment the 6 wheel drive TTS 14 i have only seen photo,s of one in england they have 2 bowls, the second bowl has a big goose neck coming out of where the rear fuel would live on the front scraper so the unit has 3 axles, 3 engines, 2bowls, 1 operator. hope all that makes scense, cheer leroy
funny you are asking about these. We have one machine that has labels talking about gears and loading the second bowl. I always just thought it was something some one custom made. Now I would also love to see pics or hear from some one who has seen or ran one.
wnydirtguy; I saw a euclid/terex in one off the best threads/video i have even seen the thread is named, Euclid TSS 40, ON THIS H.E.F,Called MURLS Video, By plowman58, if you look at time 9.33-9.55 theres a TTS 14 running,it looks good and this video has the best music ever, Ive watched it 15 times at least. Cheers Leroy
Leroy 45-50 years ago I happen to see on on a road job. I was along with my dad, but we didsn't stop to examine it. Also have seen locals using the front after they were uncoupled. If you go to the "photos" thread under scrapers there is a 3 bowler made by Cat. I also remember an artical in a construction magizine that my dad use to get that showed one that LeTournue put together that had I'm going to say 5 but maybe it was 7 with an engine between each bowl. Boy was that thing long! I saved the artical for a long time, then it got lost. That was grade school days. There is also pics around of LeTournue's 210 yd 2 bowl scraper.
Terex and euclid used to make a bunch of models of scrapers like that back in the day, all the way up to the TTS-40.
the terex ts-14 is an amazing machine. runs like hell, fixes easy, costs next to nothing to buy. just a fine scraper. that being said, i will never, EVER run one again. lol
Totally agree with ya qball. The company I last ran these for a hundred years ago took the rear muffler off so we wouldn't shift them with the rear engine at high revs. I can still hear that engine..but not with my ears now..if you get my drift! Next to Cat and scraper one of the nicest trimming machines built in the day.
3 pics I found cheers Malcolm
malcolm; Thats exactly the machine i was talking about how good does that look go TEREX , Thanks malcolm, Cheers Leroy (Love to try and buy a good unit just like that)
The guys on this site know their scrapers.Kerry
When i was a kid i remember getting a Euclid calender, about 66 or 67, that showed a pair of TTS 14s doing a steep block cutting coming down a ridgetop. Same photo also features in Eric Orlemans book. Euclid and Terex earthmovers. Merv
More pictures please!!! Hey guys!!! I'm new here and I'm a model collector! I need your help to find some pictures to make modifyed models. One of them is the TTS14 Euclid or Terex. If somebody has any picutre, please, post for me! I'll be very happy to have them!!! I promisse put pictures after the model becomes already! Thanks for all!!!
found this at a local model shop. hope it helps. http://www.constructionscalemodels.com/productdetail.aspx?recid= 15204
Thanks wnydirtguy! I got these and will give me some idea to built the new model!
can't wait to see pics. good luck.
Does anyone in OZ know where there is a ts 14 for wrecking , a mate has one with a leg cut off at the frame , otherwise a good restorer so looking to source another machine , for parts and another runner for a job at home then preserve it along with a few other machines
Thats a pretty cool looking scraper, never seen one before! Thanks for the photos Malcom!
If you are ever around Laramie Wyoming, there used to be and I believe it still there a TTS14 that belongs to a small out fit just North of town on U.S 30
amazing machine.I only ever saw single bowl scrapers in the UK.
Here is a satellite of what appears to be some tts-14s in a yard in SD.That place had a lot of green iron in the yard.I wish I would have been able to walk through and take pictures.
In Murls Video at 9:30 looks like a TTS14 working http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L45GRECeer0
that was one of the coolest vids i have ever seen! i bet those guys didnt worry about direct deposit or a 401k, and they all looked happy.
I asked Murl what he made operating the Euclid TSS40 and he thought it was $5.75 an hour.Murl,two of his brothers and a brother in law worked the same job on the California Aqueduct
I went to Laramie Wyoming to see if that TTS14 was still there. It was, but they had pulled the back can off and set them side by side. It will probably set there and rust for the rest of its life or in up scrapped!
I know these are not the Tts-14s,but I came across 3 twin bowl Terexs on a job site in Pierre.
I wonder if those are actually TTS14s. I measured the bowls and they look to be about the size of a TTS24? Cool that you could pick that off of Google Earth though.
After some research I found out that that company's name is A G E Corp 704 W Highway 14/34 , Fort Pierre, SD - 57532 - 5753 near Tecumseh St Near Highway 14. Why don't you give them a call and ask to walk around and take some pics. Couldn't hurt. Their phone number is: (605) 223-2732
Good morning! Here go the models aready! Thanks for pictures! All of you help me a lot!!!!