I'm looking at two JD 320 skid steers. One is a 2014 with 3700 hours, seller wants 12k. One is a 2005 with 500 hours, seller wants 16k. I'm finding it a bit odd that a 15 year old machine only has 500 hours, even in a farm setting. I had a chance to look at the 2014 in person (because he's the same guy I'm buying the exc from); seller says it was only used for landscaping and the interior was pretty nice and clean. No sway in the bucket, etc. Haven't looked at the 2005 yet. I'm inclined to think that's a better deal, but something about the age nags me.
I would think the 05' would have limited electronics and no emissions. If it's close enough I would have a look and see if you can get any info on it, it's possible it does only have 500 hours, you should be able to tell pretty quick by its condition if the hours are legit or not. Then again, I've seen machines with 500 hours that looked like they had 5000 and vice versa, all depends on the previous owner....
Judging by the FB ad, it looks immaculate. The 2014 also looks pretty immaculate.. slightly more weathered though. I'm guessing less electronics and no emissions stuff would be a better machine? Is it worth the difference in price? Trying to see if I can get the '05 down to make it competitive.
Again, if you're close it's probably worth a trip to look at it. I would definitely think less electronics and emissions would be much better
It's about a two hour trip, which I guess is close-ish considering this kind of equipment.