So here the story, Last week I used the machine for a few days, no problems running, ran strong. So TLR is up at the camp and went to move the machine went about 100 yards and just died.:Banghead It will start fine but when put under any load it dies. He replaced both filter and checked all line and is getting fuel up to the pump. Is this problem sounding like the pump needs to be rebuilt? Hopefully "thepumpguy" sees this and can point us in the right direction. We really need to get the machine fixed asap. Thanks in advance Ken and Marc(TLR)
My did the exact thing couple years back and I cant remember but theres a fitting in the pump that has a ball inside. I drilled it out problem gone.
PAwrestler..YOU DID WHAT??!! LOL Yes res2cue..the fitting in top of the pump has a checkball and spring in it..it gets clogged from an internal part that's failing called a "flex ring".. IF your in DIRE NEED to move this equipment or use it "briefly" then use a punch and hammer and knock out the ball and spring.. REMOVE IT FROM THE PUMP 1ST>> A WORD OF ADVICE TO BOTH OF YOU..THAT IS A TEMPORARY FIX...IT DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM..I've seen pumps last for months like this..I've seen them last for days.. There will come a day that you will NOT BE ABLE to control the engine RPM'S..and if your not prepared or know how to shut the engine down without the use of the key switch or pull cable....BOOM goes the dynamite!! Hope this helps.
Thanks pumpguy! Guess its time to get a rebuild kit for the ol' girl!
Gasket kit p# is 24371 comes w/new flex ring and theres an updated weight retainer that no longer uses the "plastic ring" and you never have to worry about that problem again. I think the p# is 29111, 70.00 list from a fuel shop..80.00 from flee bay. so you'll need, for starters, a 24371 and 29111[optional] and any other worn parts you come across. But like I said..you can knock out the ball and spring, if for temp use..
Hey pump guy, can you buy that fitting with everything complete. I would like to replace mine cuz as you said once in a while it does rev. up and i have to stall the engine out. Just started a few weeks ago
Again THANKS pumpguy! I tried doing a p# search on coleman with no luck. If possible could you point me in the right direction/site to get what we need. Ill try flea bay next. Do you think my local Case stealer would have what I am looking for? If so what do I tell them I need? With much appreciation, Ken
is this the kit Im looking for? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stanadyne-R...Parts_Accessories&hash=item232c0e9298&vxp=mtr