And... speaking of trucks/pickups... has anybody ever seen this critter?? Here's the link... scroll way down to: Ultimate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMC_Topkick On Edit: This probably belongs under a new thread, but I'm not sure how to "Edit" it into a new one... now that I've posted it. Sorry about the high jack, changexlt... OCR
Yea that was in the first transformers movie.
Thanks Dualie, Looks good to me, at least from that angle. OCR
here are some
Here are the last ones, I love the look of this Truck !
I 100% agree... :thumbsup Dang, I'd like to have one. OCR
The Kodiak Top Kick truck that played Iron Hide in the movie transformers was designed and built between the company(Hasbro) and Monroe Truck Inc.(in monroe wisconsin). The cost to buy the road legal replica of Iron Hide was around $90,000. My wife handled a ton of calls the first few weeks after the movie with a ton of people wanting information on the truck, til they found out the actual cost. For the 2nd movie, hasbro just took the stuff that MTE had built and used on the other trucks. I still kick my wife for not driving it when she was given a chance. http://www.monroetruck.com/Pdf/QuickQuotes/PU_4X4_IH_gen.pdf GM has since chose to discontinue their med duty line of trucks, so get one while you can. Trbo
The truck in the first post pulled in the local sled pulls at a church near my house in northeast ohio back in the middle of july. Cant remember what he pulled, 312ft maybe. I heard he drove up from florida to pull, his buddy lives out by me so I heard
This truck belongs to my buddy Carson, he has a ton o $$$ wraped up in her!
to bad its not legal to drive on the street!
Them Topkicks are sweet but give me one of these. http://www.f650pickups.com/indexb.html Some of these guys mods are crazy but you gotta admit they do a nice job.
These trucks are so crazy!!!! I wonder, does anyone know how much it coses to have the rear wheels changed from dually to single.Thanks!
its just rims and tires thats all... the axles are the same, as a dually. The tires are called super singles...
Thanks for the info!!
anytime man, its just different back spacing on the wheels...is all. Geno's Pats or Tonys?
Here is Vid form a guy that races his Kodiak there are several vids of his truck out there and its a bit fast nowadays Mid 8s IIRC YouTube - Drag Video
gonna have to go with genos on that one!
Had my rims custom made so that I could rotate the fronts to the backs. 22.5 rims with 43" Goodyear tires. No lifting was required. Cost for rim and tire mounted and road forced balance was $1,300.00 per rim and tire. These things are awesome and made the truck ride soooo much better.