Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Underwater bulldozers : Komatsu D155

CDNDIESELMONKEY · 2014-10-25 20:13

Maybe I am the only one who hasn't seen this but its very ingenious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRf-zF5udZw&spfreload=1

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies8
  1. #1Mike L2014-10-25 20:57

    I hadn't seen it either. Very cool

  2. #2mitch5042014-10-25 21:38

    I've seen them in books and on the internet, and have two thoughts: Imagine being the guy who goes when it breaks down...I've SCUBA dived, and done field mechanic work, but never both at the same time. Have you ever seen that dozer blade/4-in-1 bucket combo used on anything else?

  3. #3td25c2014-10-25 22:04

    That's pretty wild ! That's interesting . Uses a Snorkel like the old Diesel subs http://www.uboataces.com/snorkel.shtml Yeah mitch , I'd want some ballast tanks on it so when things go bad could blow them for emergency surface of the Subdozer

  4. #4ol' Grump2014-10-26 09:18

    Interesting. .I wondered where the operators were and how they could see anything and then realized they were remote controlled.

  5. #5d4c24a2014-10-26 17:01

    when one breaks down rescue it with another https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SLOrweg310

  6. #6CDNDIESELMONKEY2014-10-26 17:48

    It just gets better and better

  7. #7Tones2014-10-27 06:57

    I can remember reading an article in a earthmover mag about them in the late sixty's, early seventy's. They were used for stockpiling coal underwater.

  8. #8Garrie Denny2014-11-08 01:34

    I cant see them being a big seller.