Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ungrateful

TVA · 2019-02-13 09:19

Was watching you tube channel of one of the independent mechanics, he is primarily AG guy. But started on Hyundai excavator. It was sluggish - typical power shift/ EPPRV problem! He was about to tell his customers to buy a new CPU for it because he was sure that what it was!!! So I decided to help him and save his reputation, issue was time critical and I wasn’t sure he would read my comment on time, he has Facebook so I sent him a message that he needs to check more things before calling it computer, primarily RPM sensor. He was smart enough to come back and test it - turns out wire was corroded inside so bad that when he touched it and it fell off. But get this: the only thing I got was brief mention while driving to that excavator “one of viewers told me this” not even “thank you man you helped me” on the Facebook messenger! I also made few tools suggestions and hints for CE he doesn’t know too much about - he is not even responding back. He got popular, and people sent him expensive tools for free, complains about thumbs downs in you tube comments! The nature of the human! Go figure! Needless to say - unsubscribed!!!

Replies101
  1. #1hosspuller2019-02-13 12:53

    TVA … That's the general thing about the internet. It's hard to make an actual human connection. Gratitude is shared between connected people. Be glad you got a mention, he's not a total d**k pretender expert. That's why it's important for people coming to this site with a problem … to report the results of advice given. That's thanks enough.

  2. #2TVA2019-02-13 12:57

    Yeah! I agree! My wife gets on my case for being to open and “talkative” and sticking my nose every where! I agree with her too - but can’t help my self!

  3. #3TVA2019-02-13 13:09

    I think ( and it shows) he knows his AG stuff very well! It just for some reason I got pissed because he wouldn’t even “bull ****” with me privately, on the messenger! And you right - at least I was “mentioned”

  4. #4Delmer2019-02-13 13:23

    youtube is such garbage, you have to take everything at face value, that is assume the person is there because they like to hear themselves talk, and they have the views because of the tractors, drama or titties. The comments are even worse, so much garbage that it's nearly impossible for somebody to know what is reliable if they don't know it already. I'll try to help somebody when they're close, and they seem like they care enough to get it right, but for every one that you straighten out, there's a dozen BS artists that wouldn't care to hear the truth and wouldn't have the brains to realize they were reading it anyway.

  5. #5TVA2019-02-13 13:35

    You know guys when I just started commenting here at first I didn’t understand reservations of some of you to be eager to help people - now I know why!!! It got to do with a lot of things but mainly OP not giving right or full information, not willing to do what is required to be done to find the problem and plain ungratefulness!!! At least I see it this way!!!

  6. #6Nige2019-02-13 14:13

    For a prime example of what you mention above did you ever get a supply of popcorn in and read the "D6C loss of oil pressure" thread..? HeavyEquipmentForums

  7. #7TVA2019-02-13 14:30

    I have exactly 0.001 % experience with dozers ( beside some starter/alternator and fuel system)! So I’m trying not to stick my nose in to them! Even if it is only engine problems!

  8. #8hosspuller2019-02-13 14:36

    Oh … Or the sheer obtrusiveness of people with roosa master injection pumps. Ask them to remove the check valve on the fuel return for a diagnostic check... they take everything but the check valve off Even with detailed instructions. In the short time I've been here, must be at least a half dozen times. Poor Pumpguy must be bald from tearing out hair.

  9. #9Nige2019-02-13 14:38

    As part of the "broaden your mind" experience the D6C thread should be required reading ......

  10. #10RZucker2019-02-13 14:40

    I've posted repair suggestions on the welding web forum that would be SOP for me and most here and been flamed by hobbyists. I no longer offer free advise there.

  11. #11hosspuller2019-02-13 14:44

    "flamed by hobbyists" sorta like... How do you know someone is a recent vegetarian ??? . . . . . They tell you every 5 minutes at the dinner table.

  12. #12TVA2019-02-13 15:10

    Sir!!! Yes Sir!!!

  13. #13funwithfuel2019-02-13 16:16

    Somebody mentions titties?

  14. #14DMiller2019-02-13 17:59

    The D6C will go down in history as the epitome of what NOT to do when told to do something altogether different!! Frustrating for many of us to watch It transpire.

  15. #15DMiller2019-02-13 18:07

    Was there anyone that replies in here NOT on that post?

  16. #16Vetech632019-02-13 18:13

    I have been anxiously awaiting another one of those. Pure entertainment and its FREE!

  17. #17funwithfuel2019-02-13 18:15

    Me. I'm gonna have to give it a peek

  18. #18Vetech632019-02-13 18:16

    Enjoy the reading with an ice cold beer.....or 3.

  19. #19funwithfuel2019-02-13 18:20

    Yeah. Just looked 61 pages. That's gonna take a while. In the meantime, where dem titties at?

  20. #20kshansen2019-02-13 18:54

    Then there was the thread about the burned out skid-steer that was going to be completely rebuilt like new for almost nothing. And guy got several good honest suggestions, like get a service manual and parts book before you start buying parts right and left without checking anything. Was there anyone here that didn't get called an ******* for making some basic suggestions?

  21. #21DMiller2019-02-13 18:58

    That one got ugly quick and then he was just gone.

  22. #22Mobiltech2019-02-13 18:59

    I cant even count how many times ive typed out a post to help somebody and then deleted it because i didnt feel like having to explain or defend myself from someone with only half a clue ( or no clue )of what the problem might be.

  23. #23TVA2019-02-13 19:04

    That’s not fair! You guys having fun reading dozer thread! And I had to re wire stupid manlift!

  24. #24funwithfuel2019-02-13 19:04

    Another good one is that Feller would the case combination. You seem to be very proud of how he ig nored everyone's suggestions and help and did it on his own his own way. In fact I think that ranks up there with the pump guys favorite threads

  25. #25funwithfuel2019-02-13 19:06

    O don't you worry there's plenty there to read I think it's gonna take me a couple days to get through it all

  26. #26TVA2019-02-13 19:20

    That’s what I’m afraid of! I might just read through the night! And I need to get up at 4:30!!!

  27. #27TVA2019-02-13 19:21

    Is that another “saga” thread?

  28. #28funwithfuel2019-02-13 19:42

    Yeah, it was long winded and YouTubed . Look at me!

  29. #29Delmer2019-02-13 19:42

    If that's the one I'm thinking it is, it wasn't so much a saga, he was just so proud of himself for going to the moon when he had basically got his potty in the big boy toilet and we were all supposed to be so proud of him. While we're on the subject, my personal favorite experience was a know it all JD 710 owner who was a nobel prize winning, expert mechanic in ALL aspects who couldn't figure out the hydraulic system (a simple JD radial piston pump). With that much drama, I figure it better have NICE titties, and even then, I'm too old to be interested in more drama. There's a couple of threads that I have on hold at the moment. I type in my smart ass comment, then don't hit post, and I see it the next time I consider replying, saves aggravation.

  30. #30TVA2019-02-13 19:42

    Do you guys remember the thread the guy in Willow AK started? About his CAT tree harvester. I still don’t know what that was! Did he just confused stand by pressure with pilot pressure or his pump was truly shot? Seemed like replacing shut down solenoid fixed it? Or I missed something?

  31. #31dirty4fun2019-02-13 19:43

    I for one read many of things that you mechanics share, and learn from it. I really enjoy seeing how things are done or tools you have made to make the job easier. From this it helps me work on my stuff and while my home made tools aren't pretty they help me. Sometimes I have to cut them apart and rebuild or design them but for the most part they help me, which is what I was hoping to accomplish. So thanks guys for you help, ideas, and enjoyable reading. Many of you I would like to meet one day, and watch you working and share a cool one after.

  32. #32funwithfuel2019-02-13 19:46

    I see that too, just hanging there all greyed out. Kinda like a reminder saying, are you sure you wanna get in on this.

  33. #33TVA2019-02-13 19:47

    Can you guys tell me which one you talking about?

  34. #34funwithfuel2019-02-13 19:52

    HeavyEquipmentForums

  35. #35TVA2019-02-13 20:06

    You know guys what I feel bad about! There was a gentleman who helped me with information about electrical connectors! He went out of the way and actually printed and mailed me some papers. Not long ago I wanted to contact him and thank him again! But our archive doesn’t go far enough or something happened and I can’t find that thread and I don’t remember his handle! I seem to remember his name is Garry Vanderbilt or something like that! I think he lives in Everson WA If anyone knows this gentleman - please tell him Vlad TVA said “Hi” and “Thanks” again!

  36. #36TVA2019-02-13 20:07

    I’ll read that one tonight - it’s only ten pages

  37. #37RZucker2019-02-13 20:15

    I remember that one. I really don't know how I stayed out of it.

  38. #38RZucker2019-02-13 20:15

    It only needed to be one page.

  39. #39funwithfuel2019-02-13 20:35

    HeavyEquipmentForums Is it this one?

  40. #40petepilot2019-02-13 20:45

    I just read a few pages of the 6 saga WOW

  41. #41TVA2019-02-13 20:48

    Yes! Thanks!

  42. #42TVA2019-02-13 20:51

    I was looking in my PMs because he we did communicate via email, but PMs only go back 12 conversations deep!

  43. #43funwithfuel2019-02-13 21:06

    When you look at yer pms look at the bottom, it has display options in a little colored box. See if you can tweak and modify from there.

  44. #44TVA2019-02-13 21:09

    Thanks!

  45. #45Delmer2019-02-13 21:10

    I guess that did turn into a saga. I tuned out before the end. Now I might have to read the whole D6 thread.

  46. #46TVA2019-02-13 21:55

    Screw those sagas!!! I’m falling a sleep! I’ll read you guys tomorrow!!!

  47. #47Mobiltech2019-02-13 23:18

    Oh great thanks for making me read that .I got to the end never knowing if he ever found the cause of the pressurization or if it was fixed when he got done ..i kept thinking is the head cracked or warped but i didnt see it mentioned unless it was in a video .

  48. #48RZucker2019-02-13 23:22

    Nothing like train wrecks in slow motion?

  49. #49crane operator2019-02-13 23:24

    You guys haven't been paying attention. He's back because it won't regen. So be nice- he's got problems that he needs help with. He also wanted to mount rippers on it. HeavyEquipmentForums HeavyEquipmentForums

  50. #50crane operator2019-02-13 23:29

    Nope- I'm a daily equal opportunity provider- I'm always off the rails.

  51. #51RZucker2019-02-13 23:41

    OMG... another one.

  52. #52TVA2019-02-14 03:51

    I wanted to say something about other thing and a guy who said it, but I will see if he admits that he was wrong! BTW I did admit that I was wrong!

  53. #53Bluox2019-02-14 04:48

    Ya know you seem to enjoy drama ,maybe you should start your own you tube channel so you could show the world what a sexual intellect you really are. Bob

  54. #54thepumpguysc2019-02-14 04:58

    TVA" Ok, well THAT didn't work.. I guess I'll try THIS OTHER method I just thought of in the morning.. Stay tuned & we'll see if THAT works"..

  55. #55TVA2019-02-14 05:07

    I actually did watch that saga on you tube! It was More than two years ago. But you know! Now I’m sorry I even started this thread! I already have people questioning my sexual orientation!!!

  56. #56Nige2019-02-14 06:00

    So long as that's all they're questioning I would class that as a win ........

  57. #57thepumpguysc2019-02-14 06:00

    & WHY do people feel its necessary to reply w/ a quote?? We're all reading the same page.. Does anyone else find that annoying??

  58. #58Nige2019-02-14 06:07

    If someone is replying to the post directly above - yes. Replying to a post anywhere before that - all it does is make clear which post you're replying to. HEF threads can (and frequently do) get derailed .........

  59. #59funwithfuel2019-02-14 06:10

    Plus it helps keep the butt hurt under control

  60. #60Georgia Iron2019-02-14 06:44

    I am the do it your self repair guy. I work for myself and don't have the resources a lot of you do. Your posts help teach and expand my knowledge. There are many ways to do something. Sometimes on this site reply comments get missed and you don't reply due to not having time or for whatever reason. I try to read almost everything written here about track loaders, dozers, skid steers, excavators, engine repair and the like. To have a better understanding of general issues. Don't take it too personal - the no response, the no thank you etc. There are people reading learning and appreciating your time and thoughts. Even the threads that go sideways. In general it seems the site is not as active as it was before the platform change. Keep it alive and keep the conversations going.

  61. #61TVA2019-02-14 06:49

    Since ‘99 my ass!!! Since ‘99 can’t read diagrams?! I just didn’t want to leave the comment box empty, but some colored animal forced my hand!!! And now I’m pissed!!! I don’t even care if I will get kicked out of here! And that’s a matter of “hydraulic common sense”! How can you have same relief valve for two systems which have separate pumps, separate flow control, separate control valves, and get to work together only on combined operations. The second Excavator I ever worked on - had a problem with boom, arm and one of the tracks because of main relief on B block! The arm, swing and another track was fine! Didn’t want to start an argument?! I guess he picked the wrong day!!! BTW I sent him duplicate to his PM! And still hear - crickets! OK - the rant is over! I’m back to my “manly” side now!!!

  62. #62Vetech632019-02-14 06:57

    I'm getting that Tracing feeling...………….anyone else?

  63. #63TVA2019-02-14 07:01

    If you talking about me then - NO, that was the last of it!!!

  64. #64ianjoub2019-02-14 08:24

    No

  65. #65Vetech632019-02-14 08:36

    Well, I was debating saying anything, but screw it. It one thing to disagree with someone's opinion, its completely on another level to make a post about it in another section of a forum and basically bash the person you don't agree with. Fair is fair. This forum has experience that money just cant buy. It has been a tremendous help to me in my own business and I have been doing this for 30 years. NO ONE person knows everything, but the collective of knowledge here can troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair just about anything as I have witnessed since I have been here. If you disagree with an opinion then base it on facts...…..or be gentleman and agree to disagree. I do my best to give what information I know through knowledge and experience. If I give an inaccurate opinion and some one knows I have, then I would expect them to correct me as I DONT want to be the cause of costing someone else money they didn't need to spend, and I don't take it personal. This forum will continue to be a teaching forum for all of us. Lets be respectful to each other and LEARN.

  66. #66Kobelco ireland2019-02-14 09:02

    Hydraulic common sense ?. If you don't understand how a machine can have only one main relief valve for all funchions there is not much point in me explaining it to you. If you want to test the theory go to most if not all modern machines drop the pressure of the one main relief valve fitted to 0 and all funchions stop not just one side. I was willing to let it go till you came on to a different thread and talked **** about me. Are you still hearing crickets now

  67. #67TVA2019-02-14 09:52

    I promised that it will be the last of it from my side - that is why I would be silent! Anyone who wants to know what’s going on and who’s right and who’s not - just go to that thread and read it for your self! Who tried to diffuse the situation and who kept coming on. I don’t see rebuttal from this guy yet!!! Nobody made him to insert his smart ass comments to the conversation when I tried to explain how things work generally to the person who didn’t know it. And who admitted that he was wrong and who didn’t! Vetech63, you need to come back there and re read the whole thing with attention! Before I loose respect for you. Blue Ox - I’ll be short and sweet! You can kiss my buttocks!!! I’m singing off for a week!!! To cool off!

  68. #68Kobelco ireland2019-02-14 10:36

    It was not a smart ass comment I simply pointed out that you gave him the incorrect pressure settings to a guy that is already confused about his machine and was trying to stop him from getting even more confused. I asked about main relief valve cos I have never worked on a machine with two main reliefs I didn't say you were wrong only asked could you tell me which machine you worked on that had this set up I don't think I need to apologise or say I was wrong for correcting a mistake and asking a question. It seems to me your took this as a personal attack which you should not have, but you should not of slipped off to a different forum and talked crap about me. I would hope in future we can all correct misinformation if we see it and ask what machine has that setup cos I have never come across it before.

  69. #69kshansen2019-02-14 10:37

    And I find sometimes I think I'm replying to the last post and after composing my reply and posting it four other people have also replied! If the post I'm replying to is more than say three lines I try to edit down to the specific part I am trying to answer or comment on. And other times due to life getting in the way of important things like Heavy Equipment Forum I may be replying to something that was posted a few days back.

  70. #70Vetech632019-02-14 16:52

    I don't need to reread the thread. I see this a lot and I didn't take what was said in a bad way, in which you evidently did. To come here and post what you did was inappropriate. I just called you out for it in hopes of you learning from that mistake and not making it again. Be a positive part of the forum, admit you fucked up, and move on. Its that simple. There are going to be differences of opinions but there are better ways of handling those. LOL again...…...inappropriate. This is acting like the 1 clown the rest of us loathe. Try again...………. Yeah, that's a good idea. I hope you don't treat your customers this way...………….could be why you aren't getting paid by some?

  71. #71Mother Deuce2019-02-23 07:13

    Thats the same guy?...

  72. #72walkerv2019-02-23 11:04

    I was not on that post but followed it closely shaking my head everytime i opened it to see what had transpired since my last read.

  73. #73TVA2019-02-23 12:22

    It seems that guy on testing thread talking about the same u tuber. I have mixed feelings about that guy. It shows that he knows about his AG, trucks, pick ups A LOT! I guess the moral of these stories is: be diligent as you can be, communicate and share with other specialists as much as you can and be corteous!!!

  74. #74Wes J2019-02-23 14:20

    Sorry TVA. I did not realize this thread was about the same subject when I started the thread about testing before replacing components. The YouTuber in question seems to be pretty good at fixing some things, but I think he is out of his depth in other areas. He's either too stubborn to admit that, or he is desperate for work and taking anything he can get. Or possibly both. He seems to be what I call a "needed it anyway" mechanic. That's a guy who changes parts and when the problem remains he tells the customer "well it probably needed it anyway". I've very often been asked to work on equipment I don't know well or have never worked on before. But, I try to be methodical and follow the manufacturer's manuals and test procedures. It's ridiculous to think you can charge in like some cowboy and fix a complex machine with no service information and little to no test equipment.

  75. #75partsandservice2019-02-24 11:19

    I don't think I have enough knowledge of the subject of this thread to comment to much, but often I find there there are multiple problems causing the one complaint esp when it is a system, like fuel or hydraulic. Multiple problems are often from progressive damage or prior tinkering. As far as offering advice on a board such as this, what you are trying to convey can be lost in translation so to speak, if you on site with said person you could probably show them what you are trying to get through their head. Some will never get it. Like trying to diagnose and repair an exhaust after treatment system that has been locked out. My life is stressful enough, so why let someone you don't know add to that stress. It's like asking or telling a woman not to spend all the money , you are wasting your time and breath .

  76. #76Nige2019-02-24 14:07

    I think trying to have that kind of discussion with a woman is like reading a software license agreement. You wade through 16 pages of gumf and eventually press the “I Agree” button.....

  77. #77TVA2019-02-24 14:12

    In my family it’s the other way: I’m a spender and she is the keeper. And I never had money before I married her! Now we don’t have money either, but if it is something important - she can “find” the money! My Mom and mother in law the same way!!!

  78. #78thepumpguysc2019-02-24 15:15

    Lol.. mine just text me & told me the "girl scout cookies" are at her store..{out front} I said, "Save your money".. She wrote me back, "THAT wasn't the response I was expecting".. I'll bet she comes home w/ AT LEAST 6 boxes.!! Those "Girl Scouts" have gotten outta hand.. 10 cookies for 12.00.!!!

  79. #79TVA2019-02-24 15:16

    Well! That’s charity!

  80. #80ianjoub2019-02-24 16:25

    I'd rather give them $2 and not get any cookies.

  81. #81partsandservice2019-02-24 16:28

    I had one once that fooled me into thinking she was financially prudent. It seemed to go well for a while, I just worked and turned in my time. She did the books, invoicing, and banking. Then I started getting calls from my vendors wanting to know when I was gonna pay my bills. Turns out she was paying herself a couple grand a week instead of my vendors. So I go to the bank and try to take her off the accounts and they tell me I can't do that. No need to go into the whole saga but I now have an accountant and I am the only check signer and no credit or debit cards.

  82. #82JTWAT2019-02-24 20:56

    WHERE? WHERE?

  83. #83WCR732019-03-01 01:32

    I know the YouTube channel you’re talking about. Watch it all the time. I watch it regularly due to the fact that he’s about the only honest mechanic I’ve seen on YouTube. He’s a well rounded guy. Great skills. Honest. Thorough. So what if he’s better at AG equipment. Maybe he branched out on the hoe, but he got in there and got it done. You came on this forum and started knocking him because he didn’t get on his knees and start sucking to thank you for your free tech advice that you gave VOLUNTARILY. Man, I thought this was a place for professionals. You sound like a giant baby. Your actions prove that. I don’t know Warren any better than you, but he sure as **** wouldn’t do what your doing. I’ll be done, please Continue on with your narcissistic ways.

  84. #84TVA2019-03-01 04:24

    I might very well be all of that you mentioned above! But you sounds like hysterical 16 year old girl who’s got a crush on singer! “He’s about only honest mechanic I’ve seen on YouTube” - that’s a good one!!! Can you share what’s criteria are you using to determine honesty of mechanics on You Tube?! Let me ask you something: did you actually read the thread and see the responses on this and related topic from people who’s been helping others on this forum and others for many years?!?! Or you just read the first post and got all pissy because someone ( and apparently not only one ) dare to criticize your “rock star” crush ?!?! I have better question: how many people did you helped, taking your valuable time and share your hard earned knowledge and experience, with the thread all of the sudden go “dead” because OP got his fix and didn’t even care to come back and say “ it is fixed! Thanks everybody!”? What do you know about that? Do you think we were born with all of that experience and knowledge that we do willing to share?!?! If you would take time to read the thread you would see that your precious Warren was just another example in a bigger discussion!

  85. #85funwithfuel2019-03-01 07:51

    Perhaps if we didn't act like unruly morons, people wouldn't treat us as such, and I'm not excluding myself either.

  86. #86DMiller2019-03-01 08:14

    I give information I have locked in my old drying up brain as it pops up to statements from others, some times is scoffed away others it is accepted and used. All freely given where if they run with it and claim as their own I am a little less apt to return that favor again. The guy evidently had a need for more info, used a reference from another and claimed it as his own insight to which he will likely garner less support over time and he will show himself out for lacking not promising. Good luck to those types as generally is all they have left in short order.

  87. #87TVA2019-03-01 08:58

    You right funwithfuel! I should have just ignore him, he don’t get the point anyway!

  88. #88Nige2019-03-01 09:04

    Does the expression "giving credit where credit's due" mean anything to you..? Nobody knows everything and acknowledging the contirbution of others is nothing more than good manners.

  89. #89TVA2019-03-01 09:05

    To be totally honest he briefly mentioned that “some viewer told him”. I guess what pissed me off is other people get kinda lengthy praises ( specially the ones who sent him expensive tools for free) and recognition buy name, last name and place they are from. But the guy who saved his reputation, and his customer money - just get a brief mentioning. If it wasn’t for double standards - I wouldn’t care!

  90. #90TVA2019-03-01 09:16

    About giving credit. The last one that didn’t turned out to be saga ( sorry Vetech63 ) with 315CL excavator, the senior guy was very good about doing work and following advice! IMO!

  91. #91TVA2019-03-01 09:36

    John C nailed it in the parallel thread! For me not even a appreciation so important, as a knowing that problem that I had my part in solving is solved, and equally important finding out what was the problem, so I can put it in to my “experience” bank to pull it out later. It’s like mental pat on the back my self as a “job well done”! The appreciation comes close second. And even if me or someone else came up with idea which turned out to be wrong - it’s still a contribution, as Edison said, now we are one step closer by eliminating one more wrong thing! Or lead to right area to discover true reason for a maul function.

  92. #92kshansen2019-03-01 09:52

    I agree, it helps everyone in my opinion to know what works and to an equal extent what did not work! Sure it might feel good to get a personal shout out saying "thanks Fred or Norm", but it is also good to hear just a blanket "Thanks guys! Every-ones help was great! And here is what the problem was in the end....!" That way if three years from now a guy who never heard of this site till today when he was pulling his hair out with a problem does a search and stumbles on an old thread here that matches his problem he can learn what fixed it for someone else. And if that does happen it would be just common courtesy to me to reply to that old thread and say hello and thanks for helping me out. I know I would get a kick out of finding out some advice or a question I asked three years back helped someone today!

  93. #93Nige2019-03-01 09:56

    Is it any coincidence that threads from years back that were left "hanging" because the OP never gave feedback about the fix are suddenly resurrected when someone else has exactly the same problem...? That's why it's always nice to get feedback about the solution/fix, to close the circle.

  94. #94funwithfuel2019-03-01 09:58

    I've always called them zombie thread's totally inactive for 2 or 3 years then all of a sudden someone replies like it was just yesterday

  95. #95Wes J2019-03-01 10:18

    I think that's generally true in an open debate like this forum. However, on YouTube, the conversation is pretty much one sided, and the person making the video can frame things the way he chooses. It kind of curbs the natural selection process. Normally, if you are not at the top of your game, you get knocked off by the competition. But, on YouTube, all that matters is views. Being a total screw up often gets you more views than folks who quietly do the job correctly. It's the same as "reality" TV. People want drama or something. They don't have patience for simple, competent work. You take a guy like Onelonelyfarmer or ChuckE2009 for example. Those guys don't claim to be pro mechanics, but I absolutely cringe when I see them working on any kind of equipment. But, they are very popular. They have a long string of ******** and a "I can do anything with no training, no information, and experience" attitude. I guess that makes you an internet hero.

  96. #96kshansen2019-03-01 10:39

    I think I've been caught that way myself. Someone new will see and reply to a post and then it pops up on my screen and I don't notice that the original post date is Oct 3 2009 or such! then I wonder why the guy is not answering my questions. I could probably get to be a pain by going back and finding old posts with little or no replies and just start replying to them Like this one: HeavyEquipmentForums That one's from October of 2007 and got zero replies!

  97. #97ianjoub2019-03-01 18:25

    The problem with that is it takes time to register, create user name, wait for approval, etc... When I search google for a problem, read threads, and find a solution, I would say thanks if it was easy. When it is a hassle to do so, it goes unsaid.

  98. #98kshansen2019-03-01 20:32

    True enough, I am just as "guilty" of that as anyone, however I believe what most others or at least I was talking about was how someone does take time to register on this or some other site and throws out a question and then after getting some replies or suggestions of things to check never come back saying if it was fixed or not. Now I can understand that in some cases there could be a simple reason say the guy got run over by a beer truck and is i coma or the FBI confiscated his computer because of all the porn he was down loading. But I sure hope those kind of things are not happening to that many people!

  99. #99Steve Bowman2019-03-02 20:13

    I would like to take a moment to thank TVA and several others who have given me feedback and advice. Some others fought back their own frustrations and tried, but specifically TVA, as he was able to see through my occasional ADD and see what I was trying to accomplish. He recommended a particular hydraulic valve for me to use with some other parts I gathered up. Worked like a champ. Thank you.

  100. #100TVA2019-03-02 20:25

    Thanks for kind words Steve!

  101. #101Moomunchies2019-03-05 18:10