Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

uni-loader info needed

animal1 ยท 2011-12-04 20:03

Hello , thanks for letting me join this forum. I picked up a Universal Uni-Loader yesterday .(or should I say stole it , paid $200) runs & drive's good . has 2 issues ,which I knew about when I bought it , the Hydraulics don't work , they key-way that runs the was all wallered out so the guy I got it from drilled the coupler & put a pin in it , after 2 years it broke & he didn't want to mess with it , so I got it .& will replace the pin . & it doesn't charge , I put a meter on the wire from the alternator (internal) & do have 13+ volts at the regulator , so I'm hoping that the regulator is bad . it has a Wisc V4 engine , not sure of the mdl# for the engine . I don't know what mdl the tractor is , tag says Universal Uni-loader 80 or 180 , sn 2XXX , is there any manuals available for this unit & or wiring diagram's available ?I will try to post some pic's tomorrow anyone have any info on this old Skid Steer ? thanks animal

Replies6
  1. #1Goose2011-12-04 22:11

    Does it look anything like this? Is sounds like you may have an early version of a 1530 CASE uni-loader

  2. #2willie592011-12-04 22:23

    I wasn't certain, but had a thought that the Uni-Loader was a Case skid predecessor.

  3. #3Goose2011-12-04 22:38

    Case bought Universal Loader Co back in 1968 and named the machines uni-loader. I dont know the model numbers ULC used but this is te oldest Case branded machine I could think of that used the Wisconsin engine. The 1526 had a Deutz and all the 1530 series had the Wisconsin.

  4. #4willie592011-12-04 23:16

    Probably had either a Wisconsin VG4D or a VH4D engine.

  5. #5animal12011-12-04 23:40

    It looks very much like that Goose , except it looks like the one in the picture has hand controls for the loader? mine has the foot controls , which I will be modifying to hand controls after I get the bugs ironed out . My right foot doesn't bend & the foot controls are very hard to operate.

  6. #6alrman2011-12-05 04:12

    Nice Pic Goose! :thumbsup