Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

unknown attachment

stumpjumper83 ยท 2009-05-02 21:58

who knows what for attachment is on the front of this wheel loader? Oh, you cant see it real well but there is a screen below the paddles with 1/4" holes aprox.

Replies5
  1. #1xterrahawk2009-05-03 01:56

    it looks like a screener to my guess you just drive the loader and the bucket with load any material and screen it and once it full then youll have to well dump it. just my .2 cents

  2. #2Panhandler Bob2009-05-03 07:45

    :beatsme Ifin I was guessin I'd say,small screen for small pipe hoe digs ditch throws dirt in bucket loader shakes it up then beds or covers pipe, Ifin I was guessin. :beatsme:drinkup:my2c

  3. #3hvy 1ton2009-05-03 19:37

    The buckets i've seen the screen has hydrualic cylinders to lift it. Operation Open screen Load bucket Close screen Dump bucket Open screen Dump remains in another pile

  4. #4stumpjumper832009-05-24 21:52

    So I talked to the guy that owns the machine the other day and its a custom made attachment. The machine is designed to clean the dust from the crushed limestone base that makes up the machinery lot. The rubber paddles made from conveyor belting work like a paddle scraper carring the material up a 1/4" screen, the dirt and dust falls thru the screen into the bucket, and the good stone falls off the back of the screen and back to the road bed. The only problem is that 1/4" stone chips plug holes, though he said most would come out with a shake of the bucket.

  5. #5hvy 1ton2009-05-24 23:53

    Thats a really good idea. I see how it works now that i know what it does.