Here are some video showing how machines are load and unload over here I reckon Our way is quicker and essayer, Let see the different ways it is done and here your opinions here is an unloading video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7nGWN74jOY here is a D11 loading video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc5_L_kQaws
Looks great, unless you have to worry about height....
yeah we normally run our machines on a trailer as aposed to what?.....useing a crane Pj
I mean we don't have to remove the neck of the trailer we don't need to block up and we don't need places the machine up half on the neck to get the weight right
check this out OK I know this did not drive on to the trailer but could this be done over there http://nqhh.com.au/news/page13/page13.html
Now powerjoke...don't be overly facetious with your response. If you think about it, we do typically load a D-11 a little different here in the States. We normally load something like a D-11 on a de-tach neck lowboy, as opposed to a multi axle trailer with ramps on the rear that oversize submitted. Can't say I've seen a trailer quite like that moving a D-11 here in the States. Upon edit: seems oversize beat me to it.
There is a video of a D11 been moved with the blade still on and only the cab removed, I have personally seen a d10 complete been moved, On the trailer I drive i can move a complete D9 with blade and I work in the city area
I was expecting more to the story, or maybe there was something I missed in the Video other than the big ole machine inching onto a trailer I believe there are rear loaded trailers with more than 3 axles in the states too sorry, it just didnt seem like that big of a deal to me....it's kinda like the thread on why US dosent have high reach excavator's, us here in the U.S. aint the country bumpkins that the others make us out to be on this forum......just remember most of thier equipment is our scrap Pj
Yes, just not as easily. Let me rephrase that, nearly impossible. Not for lack of equipment, for lack of infrastructure and co-operation from any of the numerous government entities you'd be forced to deal with.
Sometimes I have to wonder.
Bout what?
Was not meaning to start any thing here just was posting to show how thing are done here, And you a welcome to your opinion let leave it there
Back in tha day , before there were very many RGN's around I pulled this 4 axle Load King (now CMI) for about a year
Ok, so the way I'm reading all this information is that it's common down under to load machines as big as 10s and 11s over ramps onto a deck over trailer, as opposed to using a detachable gooseneck and putting the machine in the well (which is what, at least to me, seems to be the common way of doing it here.) If that sums it up, I think this is an interesting and worthwhile topic, and I didn't really perceive any slight intended by posting it. :beatsme
If we hadnt the height restrictions and width restrictions, that would be the best way to move anything. But usually here in canada, we run to a max legal height of 4.3 m. with permits to rougly 5 meters on the east coast.Up in the north west in alberta, we move Fully assembled 797Bs on floats to the minesites as well. but i mean tires, bodies, fully assembled. But that is only because the infrastructures are designed for it due to the large quantities of oversize loade moved in the area.
I agree with you ben46a. Height restriction makes a difference. 4.3 m is 14.1 feet. Here in the states the legal restriction is 13' 6", 4.1 m. Where I'm from in the hills of East Tennessee, a D-11 is going to be on a detach neck lowboy.
you got it !!!!
I think it would beond awesome if we could move equipment like you blokes in Aus do it! All the States have different axle weight laws. In California, the can haul a D-10 or a 657 in one piece. Hit the Oregon line with the same machine, bring out the cranes, the mechanics, and some more trailers to haul what we call "fall-off" loads. Its all a bunch of government BS. Bridge laws, weight laws, and over-height, over weight laws need to be adjusted in this country. Seems since we have a Interstate Highway System, a CDL issued in one state that is valid in EVERY state, and Canada, someone would come up with a weight system that would transfer from state to state. Build all the over-passes at 20 feet plus, put down some concrete on the the bridges, and get the idiot drivers out of the way!! We got some big stuff to move! I need a beer to re-wet my qullet after that! Jason
Try making a switch back in British Columbia Hi-way with that trailer. Those trailers would only work when its flat and the roads are straight.
Which they are not here and we seem to get buy