I am resurrecting a 1961 10 ton tandem tilt trailer made by this company.I need electric brake parts,it has an 8 hole flange and they are used with 20 inch wheels.Any info would be appreciated.
For brakes you need to determine the manufacturer of the axle, I'm not sure where you'd begin to look for an ID tag. Many times you can take the components to a parts store and they can match them up.
Thanks for the reply Steve...they are spindles...the rims are off a duece and a half....where i live the parts counter is a number, model game.....most couldn`t tell the difference between a brake drum and a steering wheel,without a computer and a number to run through it.
Are you looking for replacement parts or are you starting from scratch with the brakes?
I`m looking for replacement parts....the drums are very distictive,,,,those big wheel nuts on 6,its a military wheel.The shoes are only 3 inches wide but are aprox. 14 inside the drum.The spindle itself is 3.250 where the 8 hole flange is welded on.If i could get anything(complete kit) in the 14 inch diameter with a 3 inch shoe i would drill/fabricate the flange if the bolt holes were diferrent.
can you post some pics of said drum?
sure it`ll take a few days to get to it though.. One thing about a digital camera...you take so many pictures ,you could have a photo of almost anything and not know it..a little search and i have these right now...any help? BTW i`m waiting for some oldtimer here to go CLICK ....i know that one...
Are you looking for brake drums or shoes? can the shoes be relined?
The whole mechanism is shot(rusted)...the shoes are good and so is the drum.
Mystery solved....15 x 3 warner brakes...no longer in production but one company has them for 1700 for the set.
Do you have contact for the company? I urgently need to get ahold of them.
brakes This company deals with a bunch of military trucks. They have been in business for 50 years and possibly could have the items you need. The freight may kill you, but it might be worth your time Stewart Equipment New Bern, NC 252-638-6021 www.stewartequipmentco.com
Thank you very much!:usa
i may have the parts you are looking for. They are more than likly warner brakes. Our company has purchased all of wisconsin trailer parts. Todd @ lake region trailers, chippewa falls wi.. Phone 715-723-3223
Convert Air to Electric Brakes Hello all,,,, first time here. I'm helping my cousin convert Air brakes to electric. Most of it is nothing new to us. Except the drums that are on the trailer now,, do not have the flat surface needed for the magnet to make contact. But it looks as though there are "pre threaded" holes for mounting a plate/disc inside the drum. Am I correct in assuming this?? And if so,,, where can I find the plate/disc for it?? Here is a pic of the drum,,, and I circled the threaded holes to help. (Wisconsin Trailer,,, 12 1/4 drum size)