Hello, I have an older Upright MX19 that looks like it sat outside for quite a while before I obtained it. Very Rusty but has always worked fine. The nameplate is almost unreadable but the model looks to be 65700-020. Serial is not legible. First the charger quit working but the lift still worked fine. I have been charging with automotive battery chargers until I find a new charger. Up until a couple months ago the lift had only been occasionally used. Now we are using almost everyday on a project. Last week the unit just quit working. No movement whatsoever. When the stop button on the upper control panel is pulled up, the White Rodgers 586-314111 contactor/solenoid clicks multiple times but nothing works. After sitting for hours or sometimes a day the contactor no longer clicks when the button is raised and the lift works normal for a little while. Then for no reason it quits working again. Lift has new batteries and they are fully charged. I thought possibly a Ground issue somewhere on the machine but I have been unable to find a central ground location. I jumpered the main upper terminals on the White Rodgers Contactor thinking the contactor may be bad, but still nothing worked. All battery connections have been cleaned. I have attached some photos for reference. Any ideas or suggestions on how to troubleshoot would be Very Much appreciated! Also, where to obtain a reasonably priced replacement charger would be Great! Thank You!
Hello, Still hoping someone can provide some advice. I have a video with audio of the solenoid clicking if that helps. Have not figured out how to upload video to this post. Thanks!
Have you figured this out yet…..
The White Rodgers Relay has all green conections that has probably gone up the cables some. What is the condition of battery cables? Green is death. Simon C
Yes green is badly corroded and not good, replace the cables as it most likely all through the cable. Then see, you can bypass the selnoied and that can be bad also.
Simon, Appreciate your replies! No I have Not figured out yet. I have been busy working on other projects and have Not had time to work on recently. Planning to start on this again hopefully this weekend.
Sarge, Thank you for the advice! I will look at cables closer this weekend.
Ok, hit me up when u checked or if all good, green on cable not a good sign, check voltage at contact on the Rodger’s and when u hit function u will get power on the other side. You might be able to get away with a completely clean all connections.
Sometimes you can't even get those green connections apart without a thread pulling or stripping. You can always try and maybe something will work after. Simon C
Hello I have the same model and my wires pulled loose in control box and I can not find how the order is could you take a picture of yours ? I also have several chargers for these machines
Hobbiest, Which control box do you need photos of? I just started back working on this again yesterday 9/10/25