Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Upright mx19 scissor lift

shays · 2024-06-30 23:32

Hello, I recently bought a upright mx19 scissor lift that worked great for a while. Went to use it this last week and I have no drive at all, but can turn the wheels. Motor spins both ways like it wants to move but it just cant. But the lift also goes up and down just fine. If anyone has anywhere to start or something to look for, I chased a few wires from the platform to the control box inside the base to make sure they weren't broken and they were fine. Any help would be great. Hope everyone has a great day.

Replies10
  1. #1southernman132024-07-09 20:23

    Check the switch bases on the bottom of the lift/drive selector switch. Could be sticking or even had a wire come out. It’s inside the upper control box

  2. #2shays2024-08-01 23:29

    Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I went though and checked every connection I could and made sure they were clean and tight in the upper and lower boxes as well as the solenoid wires and everything was fine. Something I forgot to mention in the first post is I changed the drive and lift switch as well as the selector switch which you were referring to, and as far as I can tell according to the diagram I have everything where it should be. But it drove forward and backwards with the old stick but it wouldn't lift at all, but this new one is backwards where it will lift but wont move.

  3. #3southernman132024-08-03 07:18

    Still sounds like sta not wired correct on the lift/drive selector switch. Or a problem with the switches on the back of it. Some are NO and NC it’s been a long time since I’ve worked on one. I may have a manual I’ll look. The machine performs both functions just not how it’s supposed to

  4. #4shays2024-08-05 00:02

    Ok, I may have mis read the diagram. Ill recheck everything again this week and see if I missed something and let you know. Thank you.

  5. #5Sargehw2024-11-25 19:41

    Sounds like wiring issue like said comment above, what year and serial #

  6. #6shays2024-11-26 13:54

    I'm unsure of the year, but the serial number is 8924 and the model number is 65700-010. I was doing some digging on it and someone had added an extra wire up top for motion but unsure of where it goes. Just have to do some more checking when I get a few more minutes to work on it. I'll take a picture of the inside of the upper box tonight in case anyone sees anything I may have missed.

  7. #7Sargehw2024-11-26 14:57

    I have a service manual if u need one.

  8. #8shays2024-11-26 17:29

    I've downloaded a few online and printed sheets off for wiring and traced wires as far as I could before there is a diode. The biggest issue I have is someone else was inside that upper box with a similar issue and cut and spliced and put diodes on everything to get it to work. I'm about to the point of ordering a trailer harness and rewiring it myself but make it simple. Kinda hoping I can make it work this way though since it's got a new controller on it.

  9. #9Jason B2024-12-17 20:43

    Do you have a service manual for serial number 1052? Every function on mine works except forward. I need a wire diagram. Thanks in advance

  10. #10Jason B2024-12-17 20:59

    Never mind. I found one on epartsplus.com. They have all of the manuals for future reference.