I’m considering the purchase of a track skid steer. The machine will solely for my personal use on my property. There’s a kubota SVL 75 for sale locally with 2100 hours, the outward appearance is good not beat up good paint etc, no leaks that I can see it’s priced at about half of a new one the listing says that it’s a 2018. My question it what is the life expect of these machines as long as it has been taken care of ? I’m also considering just buying a new one so that I have a warranty if something does happen. I also realize that thats going to cost me another 35 to 40 grand and for the use that I’m going to put on one that may be wasted money. I have a old cat D6m dozer, kobelco sk60 excavator, and a Komatsu PC 220 excavator, so I’m aware of the cost of keeping an old machine running, just looking for some input from someone that owns one of these kubota machines.
Would most likely be pre-Def, so that would be a positive. Depends on how often the planetary oil was changed. They cost big bucks. Simon C
Rats seem to love eating kubota wiring. Make sure you have a barncat around.
No DEF on the 75s. That’s a bonus. They are tough units but it all comes down to how much or how little maintenance the previous owner did on the unit. You need to run it and see if the loader arms and bucket have a lot of slop. That’s where I would start. If that stuff is slapping and clanking I would start looking at everything else very closely. The Kubotas are also known to have a poor hvac system too. Not easy to get to to clean the condenser behind the seat, but you don’t say if it’s a cab unit or not.