My father has a TimberAx model 43AXH. He is now 90+ years old and I need to sell some of his equipment to pay for his care. The TimberAx is in good functional condition. Paint is just faded as would be expected on an older piece of equipment. A person is interested in buying it, but I have no idea what it is worth. I have not been able to find anything online that is comparable that has sold recently. Does anyone know what this TimberAx is worth?
The name of the machine does not show up in my memories anywhere. You are going to have to give a bit more of a description of what it is or does. A photo would be vey helpful.
You probably never ran across it. Not many skid steers in the logging world.
Found two that *might* be comparable, but might not. Pardon Our Interruption Pardon Our Interruption
Thank you! I should've thought about looking for other brands. This helps. These are a little wider than ours, but similar. Ours might be worth more than I thought.
Do you have any information on the unit. Maybe a year of purchase or manufacture or an original cost. The drawing indicates there is mulching head under all that sheet metal. I found a 73AXH that sold at auction in November in Kansas showing $13,000. The photo shows it to be little used but you can put much faith in a photo. I have a couple of other places to check.
One online search I did said the 43AXH was manufactured in 2003. Searches for original cost don't turn up anything. Same online search aid 73AXH had manuals as early as 2004. So the one you found that was sold for $12,000 is good information. I should be able to ratchet that down a little based on the smaller size of the 43AXH and start there with the price. Following is a photo of ours...
A little late but if the teeth and rest of it are in good condition you should be able to get good money for it. It doesn't look all beat up. I'd guess $8K+.
Never too late! Sheet metal has surface rust, but other than that no real damage. We have a whole bunch of extra teeth that will go with it. I think $8k sounds like a pretty reasonable amount to ask. Thanks for your input!
Use $25 worth or sanding disks, some masking tape and $75 worth of paint cans and she will be worth $1-2000 more than you think. Lip stick is always on advertisements on the television, why not use some for yor own sale. I have done it before, works enough to get prospective customers coming. Remember new units are worth $40-$50000 in Canada, some people ony want a used one that they can fix up in spare time and not be stuck with big payments. Simon C
Yes, new paint adds value when it's a clean straight machine. If it was dented and bent new paint could actually lower the value because buyers would think you're trying to cover some damage up.