Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Used truck parts

LT-x7 ยท 2008-03-12 22:02

Does anyone know a good place to find parts for older trucks? Or a place that has real good prices on new parts? I'm looking for a new front leaf pack for my 79 GMC 6000. The only one I've found so far is $300+ shipping

Replies3
  1. #1P Backus2008-03-12 22:20

    You're talking leaf springs? A good suspension shop can build or rebuild whatever you need for springs without having to buy new parts from a dealer. Better yet, they will use the original spring and replace only what is needed and re-arch it if needed. Otherwide there should be a couple truck salvage yards within an hour or two of your place. Paul

  2. #2LT-x72008-03-12 22:23

    I've called all the local yards I could find in the yellow pages and no one has one. I never though of having them rebuilt, I'll look into that. Thanks

  3. #3GaryKelley2008-03-17 10:31

    I see you are in the central valley, I'm sure if you contacted one of the MANY suppliers in Fresno, you can get what you need. I'm heading to so cal this weekend, and will probably come back through Bakersfield and Fresno, I'll see if I can keep an eye out for a name for you