Has anyone had success in purchasing parts through quotes on the AV Spare site? We recently needed 2 x 8P8208 Caterpillar transmission pumps that Cat had no stock of. We got several quotes through AV Spare and purchased the pumps from a Florida parts dealer. The company seemed quite legitimate until the payment was made. We haven't been able to make any contact since & we are now thinking that we have been scammed.
Always wise to ask if anyone has been on a particular site before sending money. Many have been spared big heartache. Simon C
Don't know if I'm allowed to put the business name in, but it was DDD Marine.
I signed up with them. I use there schematics for my part numbers a lot. I have gotten quotes but you have to watch where there from, may be overseas. Have ordered from suppliers before with no problems.
Maybe we just got a dud one. Everything we looked up seemed to be legitimate, so we spent the US$5000 and never heard from them again. The website is still operational.
Phone number that we have doesn't answer now and the email stopped replying as soon as we made the money transfer to a New York bank.
That would be because there apparently was a legit DDD Marine at one time in Florida but they are listed as being permanently closed You got bit by the classic “clone a business name” scam.