Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

utility body

tadmasonry.com ยท 2007-06-12 18:57

I Have A New Chevy 3500 Dw Coming And I'm Putting A Utility Body On It. Can Anyone Tell Me If A Stahl Or A Reading Is A Good Body And The Differences Between The Both, And If Anyone Has Any Pics With A Back Rack On It Would Help,thanks

Replies10
  1. #1Duke2007-06-12 19:03

    I just put a Reading on my GMC3500 4x4, but mine's only a SRW. Reading makes a real good body. Stainless steel latches, completely concealed hinges. No more piano hinges with rust coming out of them. here's some pictures:

  2. #2jazak2007-06-12 19:39

    Reading makes a real nice body and seems to last longer then the STAHL's. BTW Duke that is one nice GMC. :thumbsup Also tad you need to check your website, the (links?) are not showing well on the top of the page.

  3. #3IH PULR2007-06-12 20:07

    I have 4 readings cant beat them do yourself a favor and put oil soaked plywoob in the bottom of each compartment stops rust and condensation

  4. #4N.B.CONCRETE2007-07-08 09:10

    Nice rig duke. Cant go wrong with that utilitybody . Is the truck 2wheel drive ? I just dont get an aluminium rack on a work truck , whats your thoughts behind it ?

  5. #5Duke2007-07-08 09:42

    Haha. No it's a 4x4. These GM's look so sheepish, you can't tell if they're 4x4 from the outside. I like the aluminum racks b/c I'm already pressed for payload with SRW trucks. A box steel tube rack would weigh 200 lbs more and I hated the rust on my old steel racks in previous trucks. The rack on my F-350 is 8 years old and has seen some pretty scary overloads and abuse. I mean.. look at all the aluminum dump beds you see on triaxles??? The System Ones are pretty stout for aluminum. I don't have the amount of employees it looks like you have, so I can keep a watch for abuse on the racks.

  6. #6N.B.CONCRETE2007-07-08 15:36

    Got ya . Yes I have been known to baby sit 12 grown men ! LOL

  7. #7thejdman042007-07-10 21:36

    cant go wrong w/either one.

  8. #8tuney4432007-07-23 18:58

    I had a Reading Aerotech body on my 2001 Chevy 2500HD--SRW.Overall,real nice,I aluminum diamond plated the entire inside box walls and going over the tops on each side.You lose a little space with the rounded design some. Nice rig Duke--enjoy that Dmax--my '06 pickup is almost identical to yours,only X tended cab.For the best price on the System 1 racks,check out American Van.

  9. #9Duke2007-07-23 21:23

    I am really enjoying it. The transmission in this thing is da BOMB! :drinkup I like the lower slung body style a bit more now that I'm getting older It's real easy to get into and super comfy to drive. I buy my System Ones directly from Christiansen Manufacturing (the people who build the System One)

  10. #10surfer-joe2007-07-23 21:50

    Reading's are made up your way and I've had decent luck with them. Stahl's are good too as are the Douglas line. I don't think there is much price differential between them.