Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

V conn dozer

Gmanshaun · 2023-10-19 21:35

My God, this is unreal to get on just to help a bit ! If this is wasting my time I need to know now !

Replies2
  1. #1Gmanshaun2023-10-19 22:04

    Alright, we’ll try this. As for the V Conn dozer. I BELIEVE it was the early ‘80’s when my father worked on this thing. The one gentleman was correct; It landed at a place called Central Ohio Coal which was an AEP system, located southeast of Zanesville Ohio. DO understand what I tell you is second hand from my dad. He did have pictures of it, however I’m not sure if I can come up with them again, as he passed away 55 days ago & we buried him today ! The one set of pics I saw that one of you put on was a blue in color unit & that would be what dad had also. I remember there was one other mechanic & (3) electricians that had to go to a two week school/class on how to put this thing together. Not sure exactly how long it took to assemble, but I thought dad had said it had TWO diesel engines that powered generators to drive (4) electric motors (one on each wheel). After they got it all together, worked out all the bugs, it got shut down, cut up & buried in THAT mine.I remember him being so pissed ! They had to stay away from home to do the schooling, put in tireless hours to assemble & pefect, only to have it butchered & threw into a landfill there ! And YES, it was the same place that had The Big Musky, which also got the same luxury. Now , this company also had a smaller version of the Musky, but I THINK it got sold, disassembled & moved . So, I was just trying to look up the V Conn & this thread thing was all I found. It’s like the thing is a ghost ! That’s my story as I know it. Don’t know if this helps any of you or not.

  2. #2OzDozer2023-10-19 22:16

    There were two of these machines built. There's an old thread on here discussing them. Here's the link. V-con bulldozer from 70's ???? What ever happened to this beast ? I remember reading about it as a kid, in the guineus book of world records. Very few pictures remain of this machine and fewer information is available. Didn't really impress me to modern machines,but hey they had to start somewhere. Who made it ? Slagpot HeavyEquipmentForums