Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Value of D7H UnderCarriage

roddyo ยท 2008-12-04 00:48

A friend ask me a question today that I don't have a good answer for. What's the Value of a UnderCarriage from a D7H worth. It's about 80% and includes the Track Roller Frames, Idler Groups, Rollers, Cylinders ETC.I have an idea for the undercarrige but all the other parts have thrown me for a loop. Thanks, Rod

Replies4
  1. #1Sparffo2008-12-05 05:13

    I really don't know how much parts cost in the US, but my wild guess would be 15000$ /each. The actual price would probabbly be 3 times higher, but my second guess would be that they are not soo easy to sell! Maybe someone doing a lot of hours in abrassive materials with the machine would like to have a fast swap setup ready?

  2. #2roddyo2008-12-05 11:22

    Hi Sparffo, thanks for the reply. I'm like you on this thing not being easy to sell. I was thinking around $15,000.00 for everything. I'm thinking that's close to the value of the undercarriage. All the other stuff would be free or help pay for the trucking for the buyer. I know when I tell him what I think it will bring he's going to say sell it for me. The good part is I will get between 5% and 10% of what it brings. That's why I had rather price this stuff $2,500.00 too cheap and sell it all at one time than $2,500.00 to high and have to sell it a piece at a time. :cool2

  3. #3Sparffo2008-12-05 14:07

    True! thats a good strategy! othervise you will end up with lots of scrap metal in your back yard...

  4. #4roddyo2008-12-05 14:25

    American Football in Finland I'm thinking breaking it down into 3 or 4 components to sell: 1) UnderCarriage 2) Blade 3) The rest of the machine. I would say the blade will sit around for 50 years or so and be a part of someone's estate action. A friend of mine used to coach American Football in Finland almost 20 Years ago. It was an Exibition Thing if I remember correct. I think different Corporations from different Countries Sponsored the teams. They had a League and traveled around to the different Countries and played each other.