I’ve got a Bosch VE rotary pump, just had it rebuilt. It’s on a 4bt in a dresser dozer. Running really good but under a hard load it seems to be bogging down a little bit more than it used to. I was wondering if there was something that needed adjusting on it. Idle is perfect, starts perfect cold & hot, it’s only under a load. I can handle it if there’s nothing to be done. Just wondering Thanks guys
I'm thinking this is the exchange engine that you fitted to the dozer - that you had all the questions about fitting/timing the injector pump a while back? Did the new engine ever run with the old pump fitted? - is the power difference you have noticed, this new engine with the old pump or the old engine with the old pump?? You need to fill us in with the full story....... Was the pump not delivering fuel? some other issue with it? Since the reco, when it was refitted, was a dial gauge used in the timing procedure?
Yes, it’s the new engine with the old pump. But the pump was redone, the pump wasn’t delivering fuel. It was all gelled up on the inside no fuel was getting through. The engine & pump was both timed before being installed. The new engine was ordered yes, with the same build specs as the factory with the same cpl #.
I was under the impression you were removing the pump from the old engine & then fitting it to the new engine? Was it sitting around for a few years to become gelled? If it's a different pump, with a different engine - the machine will likely be a little different in operation. You didn't clarify if a dial gauge used to time the new pump? A few degrees one way or another can make a difference. When under load, does the engine blow a little more black smoke?
The pump came off the blowed up engine to the new engine, which was ordered with the same specs & cpl #. Yes the pump was sitting still on the old engine for 2 to 2 1/2 year. I had a accident & broke my back. That’s the reason this process has taken so long. No the dial indicator wasn’t used, just the pump & engine was timed then installed that way. Guess it’s not perfect but just close enough. Yeah I guess under load it puffs a little black smoke. Not really that black nor very much. Just a tad bit.
If the smoke levels raise a little when under load, it should be OK - considering the pump has just come off a test bench - you would think it has been adjusted correctly. Personally, I'd just leave it alone, it may get a little better as the engine loosens up a little. Short of fine tuning the injector pump - which requires a special tool - you must be glad, simply to have it running again
Absolutely yes you’re correct, I’m tickled to death that it’s back going. Thanks for your help & info now & back then when this first started. The motor is still tight as you said. It’s only got 6 hours as of now. It definitely will loosen up some. Thanks, Brandon
Does this pump have an anaroid(sp?) valve?. If so make sure the rubber grommet is good and the tube to head is not cracked. A leaking anaroid will the cause power lose at load. Also when the timing the engine it should be rotated to top dead center in the direction of normal rotation to eliminate gear lash from the correct timing. Just a thought , you may have done it that way.
I’m not sure what that anaroid valve even is. But I’ve googled it & all I can see is that it’s on the inline pumps. This is a Bosch VE rotary pump.
Some VE pumps had them on the b series. It would be obvious if your pump had one it would look just like the ones on the inline pump. Yours probably does not have one.