found these videos when looking for 3 piece booms , ive never seen boom set ups like this .. they seem to be almost like a demo set up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQmawvEsqK0&feature=channel_page http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pweHOt0_PFY&feature=channel_page http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWYNlwgS0S4&feature=channel_page http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Meh-AzI6SF8&feature=channel_page supposed to weight 327 ton
If I remember rightly that was a few years ago and Kobelco (who I'm sure made it) based it on a 200t crawler crane or something. At the time I think it was the biggest demo rig in the world but that has now been superseeded by PoN equipment I think who built a 90m rig to go on a CAT 5110B. Will look for some more info. BTB
Knew it was a few years ago, found an article from 2005 on the SL3500D: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0RRT/is_2005_Oct_24/ai_n15769899 BTB
that last clip they all look like huge crabs moving in every which direction
There is a special firm in Netherland who rebuild the 5110's. They got the 90m record right now. But they are building a even bigger one for ** Decom, a Norwegian demo firm. This 5110 is ordered and is planned to be used on **'s site for cutting up oil plattforms. Almost everything on that Cat is rebuild and reinforced to handle the weight and momentum from the long booms.
wow,very unique machine
wow, those are big powerful hoes.