I jacked the skid steer off the ground this morning to check the wheel bearings, and to my surprise the bearings are in good shape, but noticed while it was still jacked up that when you try to roll the wheel (which I knew it wouldn't roll cause the brake was on) it had what I would consider slack cause the tires will move back and forth before stopping, is this normal or should there be slack when you move the wheels when the machine is off the ground?? PLEASE HELP CAUSE THIS REALLY HAS ME WORRIED!! Thanks
Should be slight slack between front and rear wheels. This is adjustable refer to your manual. It's an easy adj. to make. Do both sides. good luck. You will be adjusting the chain slack.
For the rear chain drive, open the chain compartments measure at the front of the opening, use a tape meassure and meassure from the top of the houseing to the top of the chain, then pull up on the chain and meassure, the differance should be 1"-1.5". for the front, same way but messure from the rear