Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

vin number 310sg

provider23 · 2023-06-10 00:00

Hello, Trying to order some seal kits to replace bad ones and maybe few other items. my vin number plaque is gone but I have the the numbers stamped into the steel underneath. I also found number on a sticker from a maintenance company but when I give the number to the John Deere place they say it is no good. Also is the dash all one piece or a template/sticker that goes on top? 2001 310 sg Thanks,

Replies16
  1. #1mg23612023-06-10 06:23

    Here is your complete VIN T0310SG893457 Unfortunately, I do not believe you can buy that separately. You would have to buy the monitor. Below is a link to the parts page. Maybe @Diesel Dave knows if that can be bought separately?? Instrument Cluster

  2. #2Diesel Dave2023-06-10 10:16

    Current Monitor is part # PH85248642 , requires also AT343580 adapter kit .Over the years , the monitor subbed from # ‘s AT194492, AT300129, AT303521, AT304971, AT309994 , AT332118 AND AT343582 . There was a post within the last few weeks about a supplier of good used machine monitors that a HEF member recommended. Search “monitors“ , should find it. Pull your monitor ,the part number should be on the back.

  3. #3Diesel Dave2023-06-10 18:35

    Provider23, Not sure if you found it already , but the above is the post I was referring to regarding the used monitor supplier.

  4. #4provider232023-06-10 21:50

    Thank you. I did do a search but not as well as you did. I apreciate the help. I pulled my monitor off and part number was: 191861 atleast for the small square monitor inside the larger piece. I bought the backhoe from auction and now fixing items. It seems to run well but definitely was abused. Also need to source seals for rams. Do you recommend buying the spanner wrenches for the cylinders and gland install tool? I just looked thru the monitors and I saw 2 under 710g that are identical to what I need. Interesting that the part number I wrote down is non of the ones they listed. Guess I got lots of learning to do.

  5. #5Diesel Dave2023-06-11 00:01

    The partial part number you found on the existing monitor is incomplete, It should read AT191861 We can add AT191861 to the long list of original monitor part numbers. AT191861 subs to the the current monitor # and the adapter kit # as first noted. Screenshot from the Deere parts site below references the 2 subs

  6. #6Diesel Dave2023-06-11 00:12

    No real specialized tooling is required to disassemble or reassemble the swing or the stabilizer cylinders. If you can, buy the seal kits (2 required per cylinder) in advance . The bore kits contain an orange coloured split filler ring to help with disassembly.

  7. #7provider232023-06-12 01:10

    All info is greatly appreciated.

  8. #8provider232023-10-05 12:33

    Hello and thanks for the help. I am getting back around to trying to order parts... unfortunately non of the sites or JD vendors accept the above VIN number. First attempt to many failures so just been using as is. I am having troubles although minor troubles Looking to get seal kit for both stabilizer arms and seal kits for the 2 rams that swing the boom, 4wd is not working either so I believe it is a solenoid (kind of remember reading about that). Also tie rods for front axle I believe.. They look shot. Nothing like buying site unseen On a good note I have located the monitor!

  9. #9Diesel Dave2023-10-05 12:58

    Interesting the machine VIN doesn’t work at JD vendors. I was able to come up with your engine sn # T04045T868300 at the Deere Powertrain site.

  10. #10provider232023-10-05 13:03

    I have tried it on John Deere website looking up parts and not working either. Headed to shop get some more info..

  11. #11JL Sargent2023-10-05 16:30

    If I bought a 310SG at auction, I would change both the engine and transmission filter/fluid. The center of that machine is the really the transmission and can be very expensive to repair.

  12. #12provider232023-10-05 16:58

    The sticker under boom is not there and my vin has not been working for me to find anwers about hydraulic fluid. 24 gallons roughly. Either 15w-40 or Hyguard.. How else can I find out? I thought I had read it was 15w-40 for everything.. engine, transmission and hydraulics. I also read J20 equivalent, Hyguard and TDH. Sorry for novice questions but my searches aren't exact. Most likely operator error. I know the info is out there..

  13. #13JL Sargent2023-10-05 19:39

    Pretty sure that trans holds approximately 4 gallons. Maybe the whole tractor is 24 gallons. Get to know that machine. Get the correct manuals for it. It has a main oil tank straight in front of the operator that holds a lot.

  14. #14Diesel Dave2023-10-05 20:00

    FYI. The Deere Bookstore has the option to download a free copy of the Operators Manual. There is a lot of maintenance info in there . John Deere - Technical Information Bookstore Welcome to John Deere C&F Technical Information Bookstore. This site contains operating, maintenance, and service information. www.johndeeretechinfo.com

  15. #15provider232023-10-05 21:56

    yes sir, 4gal for transmission, some 2.5 gal from what I discovered 24 gal for hydraulic tank

  16. #16mg23612023-10-06 05:45

    Your serial number works on the JD parts page. Ignore the line that says "Catalog Found. Pin specific parts information not available". That is common on the public parts page, especially with older equipment. I also plugged your serial into other Deere applications and it comes up in the system just fine.