Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vintage CAT key no.5P8500 w/ the C logo

armedbandit · 2024-06-12 05:51

I'm hoping someone on these forums has 4 of the vintage CAT 5P8500 keys lying around that they would like to sell for a reasonable amount. Its the one's with the C. Pretty sure they were originally put out in the 70's and maybe early 80's too I know my front-end loader had one in the early 90's. As you know the cuts never really changed except for the logo pretty much. Hope to hear from someone

Replies5
  1. #1MarcusZ19672024-06-12 06:05

    See this thread. Equipment Keys? Does anyone know another place besides Ebay to buy a set of keys? I lost mine at work this week, and I've been trying to get a set on Ebay, but I keep getting outbid. :bash Help! HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2Shimmy12024-06-12 06:30

    More. Old Style Caterpillar ignition key Nige, Bob, anyone? I need a part number for the old style ignition key. The one with the little square head. 199-6309 5P-8500 current keys are not right. HeavyEquipmentForums

  3. #3armedbandit2024-06-13 07:26

    Thanks for the advice but I'm not looking for a replacement key, I'm specifically looking for the old brass style with the corporate "C" Logo on it. And I realize all 5P8500 keys are interchangeable but I'm a lock collector with a set of the old style, solid black locks, with the same "C" Logo as the key. I have 5 locks and only 1 original key. I'm attempting to find 4 more of the particular original keys with the "C" Logo to complete my set. I'm hoping someone on here has some sitting in a drawer somewhere and willing to sell em at a reasonable price because you can't obtain these keys any other way

  4. #4Shimmy12024-06-13 23:44

    Cat Caterpillar Vintage Brass Key 'Military C' Logo 5P8500 | eBay Vintage Caterpillar brass key part number 5P8500. This key has the old military style C logo. Key has never been used and has an amazing shine still on it. Photos are of the exact key you are considering, not a stock photo. Please see all photos for condition and dimensions. www.ebay.com

  5. #5Coaldust2024-06-14 04:24

    Holy cow. Look at that price on flea bay. I know I have some of these. I’ll try to round them up.