Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC 140B Engine Problem

rpgvini ยท 2017-08-07 22:22

Good night I am an owner of a Volvo EC140B, and I have a problem that I have already done everything and still can not solve, when the engine goes out an extremely black smoke where the engine is a Deutz Bf4m2012 or Volvo D4DEAE2 is the same, I built the new engine, changed injector units, injected nozzles, adjusted valves, changed all the filters, checked the electrical part, there was no error on the panel, I changed the turbo and I could not solve the problem, I hope you have some hope with you. A Brazilian mechanic thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Delmer2017-08-08 00:51

    This means the engine makes black smoke and stops? That is, black exhaust smoke and then the engine dies? To me that means you look at the hydraulic pumps for overloading the engine, the engine is trying as hard as it can, there is too much strain on it.

  2. #2rpgvini2017-08-08 05:42

    Thanks for the answer Oh I forgot to mention that I made the new hydraulic pump too, I made the adjustments according to prosis 2016, the black smoke occurs only when the machine is forced, the RPM stays stable according to the manual, I made a video soon after the reform, but the Smoke is worse, I also correctly put the shims of the injector units, when motor is hot de black smoke is high

  3. #3uffex2017-08-08 06:18

    Good day The smoke appears to oil rather than fuel I suggest you check the compression of each pot - valve stem could also be suspect, try loading the engine while you pull the dip stick see if you have sump compression. Hydraulics are unlikely to give that issue a stall situation would most likely give the starter motor trouble. You have exchanged the turbo but just check for oil in the inlet could be possible. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4rpgvini2017-08-08 06:33

    I'll do tests and I'll post the videos after

  5. #5Ben Witter2017-08-08 09:52

    Make sure the injectors are installed correctly. There should be a dot on one side where the clamp goes. This dot need to be positioned away from the clamp and towards the manifold side of the engine.

  6. #6rpgvini2017-08-08 19:09

    Good evening Thank you all for the tips, I managed to solve the problem was what Ben Witter said, the position of the injectors, they can be assembled in two ways, so I realize it changes the angle of the injector between the two ways. Thank you all for the help, I will start to help the forum staff with what I know, if anyone needs a Volvo manual I have. Thank you all, you can do the close the topic.