Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC210CL Elec issue help

dhutch ยท 2022-12-24 07:47

Ive recently purchased a EC210CL, VCEC210CE0011XXX, that has a PWM9102-05 code with associated slow movement. I've read through other posts on this site and other places and started digging through the service manuals I just picked up. One question I have is where is the physical location of Diode 05 as shown in circuit C25 under sch08 in the wiring diagrams? One post mentioned checking the connections on the pump bypass switch? Any other obvious things I can look for before I break out the multimeter? Thanks in advance.

Replies10
  1. #1funwithfuel2022-12-24 13:38

    So, for starters, in the electrical distribution panel, towards the bottom are your diodes. They look like stubby black fuses. You've checked power to SW9103, FU7 feeds SW9103 at pins 2&5. This is relay dependent voltage , coming from RE3102. Swap 3101 &3102. See if that helps.

  2. #2dhutch2022-12-24 18:03

    Thanks for the info. I had time to go by and look at the fuse panels and identify the relays you mentioned. 3102 has an aftermarket type relay in place. How sensitive is this machine to the correct relay? The one that's there looks like something you'd wire into a car for headlights. It's a 24v 40 amp relay though.

  3. #3suladas2022-12-24 18:09

    If you're having an issue with any of the diodes check to make sure they are in the right way as it matters (don't ask how I found that one out). Assuming it is the correct voltage and amps I can't see where the brand of a relay would matter. If there is another one that isn't important to make it run like horn, stereo, etc and it's the same you could swap them.

  4. #4funwithfuel2022-12-24 18:17

    Yes. 3101 & 02 are heavy load carriers. Make sure someone didn't swap in a 12v relay in place of the 24. Yes. Relays make a difference. Some are diode suppressed, some are resistor choked. It matters. You should probably check the schematic on the side of the relay and match it up to the factory one. If it doesn't match up, visit the dealer or check amazon.

  5. #5funwithfuel2022-12-24 18:23

    Them little black tubes got a schematic on them. As long as you don't handle them with brake clean on your fingers.

  6. #6dhutch2022-12-24 21:22

    Ok thanks for the info. Any idea on what the correct relay would be for this? SPDT? With resistor? I'll verify the diode as well. If i get time away tomorrow, I'll pull out the fluke and see what's what? I was looking at deutsch repair items, assuming these are deutsch type connectors, I'm guessing solid pins size 14 to 20? Just trying to think ahead.

  7. #7dhutch2023-01-16 15:57

    I've replaced the relays with the correct ones. I haven't tried to start it as I'm doing hydraulic servicing, but I did find this when doing a very light wiggle test on connectors. I haven't looked in my manual, but could this sensor cause the code that I'm getting? It was very loose when I touched the connector, then fell apart.

  8. #8funwithfuel2023-01-16 16:16

    That would cause your pumps to destroke, all functions would be super slow off that pump. You can monitor from the service screen. It would probably tell you you're at 6k psi with the engine off.

  9. #9dhutch2023-01-16 16:19

    Ok thanks. I was getting the 9102-05 code. I didn't want to run it much until I got the hydraulic fluid changed. I'll get a new sensor and hopefully that will help speed things up. It was really slow.

  10. #10funwithfuel2023-01-16 16:33

    That was common fault in the earlier models. Good catch