The new volvo G series loaders look more refined than the F series. The new hood design should be well recived and new cab mounts will quiet and smooth an already world class cab. I dont know how the new throttel pedal will be recived. What do you think?
Volvo L250G Wheel Loader Unveiling - [video=youtube;K9M1nr0S3zE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9M1nr0S3zE&feature=related[/video] World Premiere L250G Highlights at CONEXPO - [video=youtube;UpSMPzNl5CQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpSMPzNl5CQ[/video] Volvo — CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2011 - [video=youtube;rcapHOa9phI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcapHOa9phI[/video] CBO at ConExpo 2011 with Volvo - [video=youtube;xiZSIzsM-XE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiZSIzsM-XE[/video]
Here is some pics of a L180G, on a demo tour the local Volvo importer did some weeks ago. Looks nice, service is not like years ago.. Lock up works very good, especialy if u got much load and carry.
Some more. Sorry i didn't take any more...Did som driving too. This machine is sold to a customer. They only produce 150/180/220G's on the factory now. Have to admit i was surprised by the new throttle pedal. I for a moment believed there was no extra power in it, when i dug it down in the sand. I stepped to gentle on the pedal...slam it to the floor and there is lots of power. U imediately change the way u drive, and there is a lot of power on the low rews... But sometimes u need to use the high end of the engine.(converter neds revs sometimes)
I have worked with old 150/180 several months loading coal and coke on trucks in our port here in Gijón,this really looks very well,like always in volvo.
Volvo is continuing to be at the forefront of complex and efficient machine design. Their machines look slick and Volvo does a great job of keeping the focus on productivity- the heart of any successful business or industry. In addition to that, they always have a concern for sustainability and the environment- they are quite possibly my favorite earthmoving equipment mfgr.
I can see that they finaly have moved the engine oil filter to a place where you can get to them. but now it looks like there will be too little rum betwem the filters to get a filtertool in betweem them to turn them
It looks like the same remote filter mount on the A30E. I use a strap filter tool, works a treat.
http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/Oil-Filter-Wrench-Band-Type-112-155mm-Capacity-Sealey-AK645
It looks like they have changed to an electronically controlled waste gate. maybe the turbo's will last longer?
Some detail on Volvo's new L250G -- a 9-yd loader with Z-bar linkage -- along with a link to video of an interview with the product manager about Volvo's decision to get into this size class.
New water cooled turbo....
Has anyone more info on these turbos?
not a volvo guy, but....... i was at con-agg/conexpo and was very impressed. I am not a volvo guy by any means (still bitter on how they f*cked over my michigans). The new cabs and new sloped hood is really nice. I looked at a new 980k cat, and with out running them i'd rather have the volvo. I ran my first volvo in a demo last fall, a 220f. We will be looking at replacing our 972h next fall, volvo will get a shot at selling me a 180g.
Volvomad, these turbo's are variable geometry and are a bigger size to turbo's on previous engines.
Any idea what pressure the are boosting to?