Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo G946

Bluestone1 ยท 2010-11-29 00:49

Hey Guys, I just bought a Volvo G946 blade and so far I am very happy with it. Anyone have any experience adding a front lift group for a dozer or a V-plow? It doesn't have extra bank of hydraulics for it now and I was wondering if it was hard or expensive (or both) to add the hydraulics and the front lift itself. It would also be nice to have enough hydraulics for a snow wing while I was at it. Also anyone know of some nice fenders for this machine? Thanks.

Replies1
  1. #1Diagonal Brace2010-11-29 09:52

    Volvo dollars It seems that anything genuine Volvo is going to be expensive. Fenderco makes a nice set of fenders. If operating in colder temps switch to the low temp oil and avoid any hassles early. Volvo is becoming worse at only providing repair components instead of individual pieces. For example if the the actuating pin for a hydraulic control valve breaks they want you to buy the whole section. Find a good machine shop. It seems the pins break when the operator trys to engage float when the machine is cold. Trust me I know. Also check alternator mounting bolt for looseness and be prepared to reengineer the muffler mounting as well. Teething pains really. Nice machine to operate.