Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo Hydraulic Fluid

MTNXTREME800 · 2023-03-29 22:32

Can someone recommend hydraulic fluid for a 2014 Volvo ECR58D ? I don't have a manual yet. Volvo fluid is crazy expensive and closest dealer is 1-1/2 hours away. I saw the usual Travellers low buck fluid that I hear horror stories about then the mid grade VP Hydraulic Fluid at Tractor Supply, but had no Volvo recommendation or reference on it, then a better hydraulic fluid I've used before on John Deere with good luck,Shell Rotella HD Tractor Transmission and Hydraulic Fluid it refers to Volvo WB-101, but don't know this machines requirement.

Replies3
  1. #1MTNXTREME8002023-03-30 10:02

    What's everyone else using in Volvo excavators ?

  2. #2Lagwagon2023-03-30 10:30

    I use the best quality iso 68 weight high temp that’s on sale at the time. If I were you I’d get the best quality you can afford and if you’re in a cold climate like Canada possibly 46 weight but you should confirm first with a Volvo dealer. I wouldn’t use a universal tractor oil on a more modern machine.

  3. #3MTNXTREME8002023-03-30 10:39

    Is the Shell Rotella considered universal tractor oil ?