I have a L50F loader that customer called in not charging. They installed the alternator themselves. Upon arrival I inspected. Found the 2 wires on the back crossed up. Found some fuses blown. Replaced all fuses and fired up still not charging. Was able to give the excite wire power on alternator and it would charge. Customer was ok with doing that until I had time To dig further into it. He calls me back about 2-3 hours later and says the loader now will not start at all. Fuse #46. 15EA sensor supply blows instantly now when the key is turned on. Seems like Clearly something is shorted. Need to go back and follow the circuit and check it out. Has Anybody had this issue before? Thanks
I just had a volvo 360 doing something similar, it ended up being a part attached to the "safety relay". I think it uses alternator current to tell the engine it's running so you can't accidentally crank it over. Machine would start but not charge unless manually excited. The wiring diagram was not clear exactly how the circuit worked but replacing the safety relay fixed the issue.
I ended up finding the harness shorted to ground, it was right by the main plug for the engine harness. Fixed harness. Replaced fuses with new and it was all good.