Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo L60G

ttrenton34 · 2023-09-21 10:43

Need some help, Getting 2 fault codes 1- psid 229-9 2psid 5-11 Anyone have anyway to look up the codes for me please?

Replies3
  1. #1Innocent bystander2023-09-21 22:12

    229-9 Detection conditions:The engine control unit (E-ECU) registers: that bus communication is missing with ACM (EB52/EB56) Symptom: ○ Red central warning ○ No regeneration is performed Possible causes: ○ Open circuit ○ Short circuit to voltage ○ Short circuit to frame ground ○ Defective ECU I would look at power/fuse for Aftertreatment control module first Psid 5-11 Detection conditions:The climate control unit (ECC) registers: a pressure (SE8709) higher than 2.24 MPa (22.4 bar) (325 psi) or lower than 155 KPa (1.55 bar) (22.5 psi) when the ambient temperature is higher than 10ºC (50ºF) during the first 10 seconds from system start Symptom: ○ Flashing air condition indicator ○ The AC-compressor is shut off Possible causes: ○ The refrigerant charge is either too little or too much ○ Clogged expansion valve

  2. #2ttrenton342023-09-25 09:53

    I do appreciate your response it means a lot! I will look at the fuse, I noticed when it kicks the code unit will only rev up to 1080rpms but when the code kicks off it acts perfectly fine(code 229-9)

  3. #3jean auger2023-12-22 12:54

    hi ,just wonder if you figure out why psid 229-9 was active ,i have the same code on l90 g and i was hoping to get some advice for you on the issue ,thank you